HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
RLTW
608 Posts
Im not sure if thats the right callable stock. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me. Im not sure if they changed over time from convex to the current version on this model. Any edification would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure if thats the right callable stock. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me. Im not sure if they changed over time from convex to the current version on this model. Any edification would be greatly appreciated.
That's the latest generation 5.56 stock. You can tell it's not a pistol stock because of the fork length and lack of a BHO cutout.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
That is the correct latest generation stock.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
So not original parts HK93 went for $4500. Not seeing the deal there. That’s really more appropriately the HK53 stock.
When I sell a 93 that I put a collapsible stock on, I usually include the original factory A2 stock, but I’ve had people tell me to keep it because they have no use for it anyway and they really just want the A3, and around this price point they consider it a “good” deal given what 93s and A3 stocks are going for individually. I get your point though, but it seems like there’s a current 93 craze

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
While the stock isn't original to the era and looks weird on the rifle, IH is a somewhat rarity-with only 525 units to enter the US> To some that really matters and may be worth the extra$. I'm having a hard time with the pictures- It doesn't really look NATO black- but that could be the lighting I suppose-? unless there were a few that weren't NB, that I'm not sure- When was the finish transition? Idk- Good luck to whoever purchased this- If it hasn't been shot to death, they did ok-- as long as they are happy.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
While the stock isn't original to the era and looks weird on the rifle, IH is a somewhat rarity-with only 525 units to enter the US> To some that really matters and may be worth the extra$. I'm having a hard time with the pictures- It doesn't really look NATO black- but that could be the lighting I suppose-? unless there were a few that weren't NB, that I'm not sure- When was the finish transition? Idk- Good luck to whoever purchased this- If it hasn't been shot to death, they did ok-- as long as they are happy.
I agree, and the 42 prefix guns already command a small premium over their counterparts. If the buyer is happy that’s all that matters

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wonder if it has a 178 barrel?

Great host for a HK53 build, imo. The later guns are more desirable imo, and I could care less about "all original." Unless they are unfired and in the box with all accessories all pre-ban H&Ks undergo major surgery if they end up in my collection.

These guns are pretty mediocre in stock configuration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts