HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I think I finally found a good holster that will work well w/ my HK USP .45F. I thought I would get some imput before I buy...
It is made by Pro-tech outdoors. The metal belt clip is removable and has the option of the belt going directly through the nilon belt loop (making it slightly thinner). Also, the thumb break can be moved to either side w/ the angle adjusted to fit the pistol and user. The extra pouch is supposed to fit an extra mag, but is too small. However, I wouldn't want to place another .45 mag w/ 10 or 12 rounds due to the unit weighing too much in one location of the belt. Instead a mini-mag light or a similar flashlight can be stored in place of the mag (thus eliminating the need for an additional flash light holder). The fabric that lines the inside is made to absorb moisture and inhibit holster wear. Any thoughts???

Also, I prefer the tactical look of this holster compared to traditional leather types.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It might look cooler to you but i can guarntee that it does not support the pistol nearly as well as a holster made for a specific gun. The weight will shift, the gun will move around and make it uncomfortable to carry for extended periods.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It might look cooler to you but i can guarntee that it does not support the pistol nearly as well as a holster made for a specific gun. The weight will shift, the gun will move around and make it uncomfortable to carry for extended periods.
Yeah I would pass. It moves around a lot and slows the presentation. Good price but I just like comp-tac stuff better.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
I would take a pass on this holster... There are A LOT of REALLY good holsters out there for the USP line. Remember, just like buying a firearm, when buying holsters etc.... you get what you pay for. This line of thought has served me well....

good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
that holster looks like very cheap. You bought a USP 45. Get something nice. I have a Alessi CQC/s which is really really nice. If you want something more "tactical", get a Safariland 6004 drop leg holster. But stay away from the one-size-fits-all holsters, they are not worth the money.

EDITED TO ADD: I looked at the ProtechOutdoors website, and that holster is definitely not worth the money. Spend a little more now and you'll be happier.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you are looking for a quality holster in the $20 range then look at Don Hume

Here is one I had for the USPc

And I have the Jit holster for my Makarov

Look around that site. Good holsters and good prices

http://www.donhume.com/index.cfm

·
Registered
115 Posts
That looks exactly like the Uncle Mike's Ambidexterious + mag pouch holster. I have two of those. The 5" size 5 and the 4" size 15. My 92FS and P-99s fit in them perfectly. But my full size USP-9 does not. It is too wide for for them and it would suffer from holster wear near the muzzle.

I prefer the Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for my USP.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I use something like that to carry it in my truck so its securely cased as defined under Fl law, but for carry i use a FOBUS

·
Registered
70 Posts
I started with an Uncle Mikes holster. Inside the waistband it was easy to reposition for standing and driving but the holser/gun would move around while I was working. The edges of the holser rubbed on my leg more than I thought it would. Worn on the outside it was more comfortable but the holster/gun had a lot more freedom to move around than I like, and it took a really long shirt to conceal. My holster does not have the thumb break and my weapon can work it's way out as I go through my daily routine. It's a decent holster to put on or take off quickly and to wear while walking around at the range. One benefit is that my HK P2000sk, S&W M&Pc and my J frame S&W revolver all work in it (with varying success).

I just received a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. My first and only proper IWB holster (long time target shooter but new to CC). I ordered it on Saturday and it arrived on Thursday. I needed a solution that did not have a six month lead time. The MTAC has kept the gun positioned exactly where I expect it to be even when lying on my back and wriggling underneath a cabinet, climbing ladders, unloading trucks. My P2Ksk was properly retained while still easy to draw. It can be slid from front, side and almost to small of back with the belt loop spacing of my jeans. It is only 1.5 days old so it is still stiff and pokes a bit at times. I think it will break in nicely. Maybe I'll ask for a premium holster for Christmas and hope to receive it by July 4.

I am trying to find a good paddle holdster next. I'm hoping to try a Blackhawk Serpa in the next week or two.

·
Registered
280 Posts
+1 for Blackhawk CBQ. About $40 and it comes with paddle and belt mounts. Just need to practice with the release button.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would check out some of the leather manufacturers like Kramer leather or Milt Sparks. As well as Kydex by Comp-Tac if you dont want leather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts