HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my wife and I are going to have our first child (Bow, yes, my guys can swim).

In fear that my gun collecting days are at a halt, I decided to go nuts before the baby is born. Not shown: HK45: ML Security purchase and a Custom SIG GSR Nitron .45 with real elephant ivory grips. My humble thanks go out to Ralph at RDTS for the trigger group work/ a soon to get HK21UBF, BigChris_304 for the HK91 and Adam Webber (HK4EVR) for all the parts including the PSG1 Stock, navy packs and my soon to arrive MP5/40 parts kit (which will be my crowning project- anyone have a beaten up HK94 receiver for sale).

Enough is enough, here they are:

1) MP5K-PDW (Bobcat receiver w/ all HK factory parts (I am looking for an any condition SP89 so I can be clone free and move my parts to it.

2) HK91: PSG1 Stock, G3 bolt carrier, G3 Bayonet, PSG1 Grip, factory carry handle, and PSG1 cocking handle waiting on RDTS to add PSG1 reinforcing rails, G3SG/1 trigger group, forward assist and milled carrier, scope mount tabs for Schmidt & Bender PSG1A1 Scope

3) HK P30 (Highly recommend these!)

4) Springfield SOCOM II .308 in Sage EBR stock

5) My new FAVORITE .308: Springfield M1A Super Match .308 in a JAE-100 stock, Leupold Mark I tactical scope w/ illuminated reticle, GG&G bipod and fitted Pellican case.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats!!! Wait until the kid is old enough to enjoy your hobby....that is the coolest!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats!!! Wait until the kid is old enough to enjoy your hobby....that is the coolest!!!
+1 You'll just have to do what i did, limit myself to maybe one a year, or extras in its place

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Hopefully you have a strong safe. Change the code well before the baby is born, and keep everything locked up for, oh, 4 weeks after the birth.

During this time, your wife will be crazy, especially for the first one. Been there 3 times myself. Don't worry, she'll get back to normal after about a month.

And congrats - the entire world will seem different the day it is born.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on having your first child! Those are all some very nice acquisitions. You have an amazing collection!

·
Banned
384 Posts
I have a son due any time...and yes Ive made the most of the last 9 months!! :D The coolest thing so far though is for Christmas this year, Im giving him (Reed) a NIB Colt M4 Semi with one of those Colt .22lr Kits. I figure it will be a little while before he can shoot it, but I cant think of any way Id rather remember a Christmas than with a new AR! Hell I was shooting a new SP1 when I was 2! Never looked back. Im gonna make sure this little guy has some neat toys by the time he's old enough to move a selector... lol

hkx3

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you to all the well wishers. We are scared to death but excited at the prospect of being resposible for a child

1 - 14 of 14 Posts