HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Green G3A4 stock?

Hi All

I've gotten a green G3A4 stock - does anyone know anything about these?
They were supposedly "greened" at the factory....

TIA

·
Registered
221 Posts
G3A3 is the G3 rifle with the standard stock, which would probably make the green G3A3 stock the most common stock in the world.
Unless of course you mean the retractable stock, but when equipped with the retractable stock, it would be designated a G3A4.

Lots of people mix this up.
e.g.
Hk91A2 = std. stock version
Hk91A3 = ret. stock version

G3A1 = early model std. stock version
G3A2 = early model ret. stock version
G3A3 = late model std. stock version
G3A4 = late model ret. stock version
G3A5* = Hk designation given for rifles developed for sale to Denmark.
G3A6* = Hk designation given for rifles developed for license production in Iran.
G3A7* = Hk designation given for rifles developed for license production in Turkey.

*according to Jane's Infantry weapons

If in fact you have a green retractable stock, I've never heard of any before.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi All

I've gotten a green G3A3 stock - does anyone know anything about these?
They were supposedly "greened" at the factory....

TIA
im thinking. rattle can Factory.

do you have a photo?

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops! my bad guys, G3A4..

here is a pic of it on a rifle, my guess it's FMP?

the rails and area round the buttpad are green, the lever and buffer housing black - looks to be all original....

·
Registered
266 Posts
yep.. looks like a rattle can fix.

bet you have no rivets holding the rubber pad on it..right?
has i dont think anyone would cover up the blue gray/ black Hk finnish..but who know's..iv seen guys do some crazzy things...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have one too I am pretty sure it is factory. It might be FMP but it looks factory. It is not spray can for sure. Mine is the same the stock housing is black parkerizing the sliding portion of the stock is green. Also it does have the rivets holding the rubber butt pad on. It is a very cool stock and it looks great with the green wide forearm.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one too I am pretty sure it is factory. It might be FMP but it looks factory. It is not spray can for sure. Mine is the same the stock housing is black parkerizing the sliding portion of the stock is green. Also it does have the rivets holding the rubber butt pad on. It is a very cool stock and it looks great with the green wide forearm.

thanks for that G308- it didn't look rattle can to me either - FMP and or MKE are the two that come to mind... nice looking rifle - where did you get that forearm?

·
Registered
589 Posts
That is a sweet looking PTR, Great 308. That color screams FMP to me, but that is total gut conjecture on my part. :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
who knows then?
alot of the miltry surplus has been flooding the market for the last 10 years.

ya get so many guys refinnishing part's it's hard to tell.

with the part's coming in from 10 diff places whats nexed Tan?

the rivets = newer make (1980 to 1995)

have to look at it close (welds) and small parts inside the cup
to see if it's German

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
(tiger888) thanks for that G308- it didn't look rattle can to me either - FMP and or MKE are the two that come to mind... nice looking rifle - where did you get that forearm?
Thanks I got it vented by TSC machine:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=151

(BIGDUKE60) the rivets = newer make (1980 to 1995)
I was mistaken about the rivets I pulled the stock out today and it has three small flat head bolts instead. I could not find any markings inside or out but it really looks factory.

(darthvictor) That is a sweet looking PTR, Great 308. That color screams FMP to me, but that is total gut conjecture on my part. :D
Thanks I really loved both of my PTRs but I recently sold them to raise money for my MSG90 and SG1 clone builds.

(BIGDUKE60) with the part's coming in from 10 diff places whats nexed Tan?
Here is a pic of my PTR with Tan furniture from Burma

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G308 ~ I took a look too, ditto on the three flat head screws and no other markings.... ah the mystery deepens.... nice tan furniture set!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was mistaken about the rivets I pulled the stock out today and it has three small flat head bolts instead. I could not find any markings inside or out but it really looks factory.

thats nothing Hk would do (given how they do things)

iv seen the brown looking stuff in saudi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts