HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Massachusetts! Thanks for some great reading - seems like a great bunch over here at HKPro. I bought my first HK way back in 1985 - it was a black beauty - HK93A2. I paid a whopping $475.00 for it...sad eh? On my 21st Birthday, I bought myself a VP70z at a gun show for $250.00. It was my first 9mm handgun and though many hate it - my VP remains at the top of my list. The Granddaddy of polymer pistols has seen MUCH use - thousands and thousands of rounds. I can honestly say that up until recently, I have experienced exactly one failure. Most hate the mushy heavy trigger - I adore it. Most think it does not carry well - I carried mine for years. Some hate the "shadow sight" - I find it instinctive. I guess I'm just weird. With a bag full of 18rd mags, it's my go-to gun - or at least was. I need your help.

First, the mags are auto-ejecting. My magazine catch is worn. I tried to Dremel-ize it which failed miserably. I tried adding tension to the spring and backing off the screw a bit which worked for a few mags, but was uncomfortable to shoot and ultimately failed. I need a new catch assembly, (catch, spring and screw) and found them at Numrich, but like all things VP - they aren't cheap. Could anyone steer me into a VP70z friendly source for parts?

Second, the finish is in bad shape. I have no plans on ever selling it, so I would like to find a place to have her rehabilitated with a new coat of paint. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm glad I found this site and am impressed with the wealth of knowledge here.

Take care out there,

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Robar the exterior. For the magazine catch, I would join the Premium site and get directly in touch of someone at HK, and see if they can fix it. The Premium membership is well worth it and it also keeps this site running. TJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts