HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,HK lovers.

It's been quit a time since I was following this forum,but decided today to register.

It's been quit a time since I showed interests in owning personally a handgun and after all the administratives process,decided to acquire an HK USP,which I fell in love with. The pleasure at shooting with it is great,and in fact was always interested in german weapons. (The deutsch qualitat maybe?)

I am following with enthusiasm the Famas replacement tender (Won't hide that I have tears next to my eyes about seeing the Famas disappearing,after serving in the army with it,but hey ! everything comes and goes!),and I am pretty sure that the HK 416A5 is going to win the tender.
Having spoken with special operators,they really had good feedbacks about it. (battle proven in recent operations).
As a matter of fact,it is equipping the majority of the special forces,which shows the trust we have in this weapon. Even the police special forces are being equipped with the 416.

Wish the best to all of you,thank you for this amazing forum.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome to the forum from someone else in France.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Welcome, I was born in Alsace. I do agree the HK probably has the advantage. I had a semi FAMAS and you would not believe what they cost here...

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Welcome. The USP is sure one of my favorites. Congrats in acquiring one. The 416 is also a very nice one.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm always happy to see people from all over the world exercising their right to own and use firearms, especially HKs. :biggrin:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome!

From what you've heard, why do they think they will go with the 416 over the SCAR?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
It seems odd, but the French military seems to have had a closer relationship with HK than FN. French SOF have used the HK416 (as well as the SIG 55x series) for quite awhile now. The HK33 was made at St Etienne for awhile and perhaps was the design basis for the delayed blowback system of the FAMAS (FAMAS used a lever vice rollers). The French police forces have used both the 416 and the FN. I could see either being chosen and either would be a big improvement over what is issued now. Also keep in mind the Germans and French have a fairly close military operating relationship.

·
Registered
640 Posts
KBAR04 - Interesting

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I know...

Purchased this one from a member here years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
They worked well enough but were outclassed by other weapons introduced about the mid to late 70s (i.e. AUG). They required a steel case ammo for reliable functioning and were limited to 25 rd magazines. They were ambidextrious and could be switched over in the field (required field stripping) without additional parts. The rifle looks awkward but was actually fairly ergonomic. It had an integral bipod. Mounting optics later on was a problem and many ways were found to improvise. The system has pretty much aged out having been in inventory since 1977 or so. French SOF units have made do with other weapons such as the SIG 55x series and more lately the HK416. The SIG seems to have been particular popular with French Naval Commandos(They worked with us in Afghanistan and they are quite good..) and the Legion special units.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts