HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

I just purchased my first HK: a HK USP 9mm full size.

Haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet but will soon. Why I got this gun was actually on a whim haha. I had a very tricked out Walther PPQm2 that was upgraded to the 9's and even though I did so much work to this gun over the last 2 years, there was always something bothering me about it. The trigger in those PPQ's are insane. The break is like glass and reset is the shortest I had ever felt on a handgun. On top of that I had the Apex trigger installed that reduced all that by 30 percent. Even with all that it still bothered me. I have had a few pistols the last few years and I still shoot my 350 dollar Filipino 1911 better then any of them with my Bulgarian Mak right behind that. I basically came to the conclusion that it was the striker fire action. I'v gotten so used to hammer fired guns that that no matter how good the trigger on a striker fire gun is I just cant get used to it. I can't put my finger on it but it just feels ehh too mechanical? That kind of springy vibration from the firing pin feel. I ended up selling it taking a slight loss. I always wanted the HK USP but never had the money at the time so i said to hell with it and bought one with the money from the sale. I'm bummed though cause i feel like the whole world has moved on to striker fired, polymer gun movement and hammer fired guns will eventually fall out of sight. Anyways I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem? All i know is when i first put this USP in my hand it just felt right. I really can't wait to shoot this thing!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steevster!

I just left NJ (Union County) after a fun career in law enforcement. Out in WA state now and it feels great. You have chosen a great weapon. Hammer fired weapons will never go away (thank god), but I admit I shoot striker fired guns much better than hammer fired (with the exception of 1911's ironically.)

I have no experience with the PPQ other than it has a PHENONOMIAL trigger.

Once again, welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Amtrak! I see you did the right thing and left this state haha. Yeah there is just something about a 1911 that just feels right. The USP gives me that same fuzzy feeling and I haven't even shot it yet haha. Also it could have been that most striker fired guns have a slight pre cocking before the sear breaks and the PPQ is pre cocked so there is literally no pre travel. I almost think the trigger was too sensitive for my taste. Regardless, I'm happy with my decision and am not looking back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ended up keeping my PPQ because of said trigger. You'll love your USP. I have the expert and it's the most accurate production pistol I've ever fired.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome TheSteevster I fell in love with the USP 45 I do like the 1911 but it's bitch to clean LOL for me the USP full size 45 is a monster hold two more rounds than most 1911's to =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts