HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum not new to forums, I've been shooting for a while but i never pulled the trigger on a HK yet, I've been looking for a while and what a better place to learn than this forum, thank you for having me and looking forward to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro. Do you have an idea of what will be your first HK?

·
Registered
479 Posts
The VP9 is a gateway gun. It's always the same song and dance. First the VP9, then something else, then you'll empty your retirement account and kids college fund. It never ends.

Welcome to the site. You've been warned.

Reactions: thunderbolito

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The VP9 is a gateway gun. It's always the same song and dance. First the VP9, then something else, then you'll empty your retirement account and kids college fund. It never ends.

Welcome to the site. You've been warned.
Hahhaha tell me about it, thanks for the warning, to old to get caught up on that now lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No break in needed lol. I've shot Blazer Brass, PMC, Magtech, all 115gr bullets with no hiccups. I also shot my reloads which are with Rainier Ballistics 115gr projectiles (I think copper plated, round nose) with 4.3gr of Hodgdon TiteGroup.

My workup loads started with 3.9gr, 4.0gr, 4.1gr, 4.2gr of TiteGroup and all of these did not lock the slide back after last round. 4.3gr worked perfectly, and without showing any pressure signs. But with all reloading, your results may vary so please do not attempt these loads unless you know what you're doing. The copper plated projectiles are softer than full metal jacket/FMJ and I think this causes the bullet to form to the bore much easier and travel through with less effort. I'm thinking that's why it needed a higher pressure load to be able to push the slide to full travel and allow it to lock back after firing the last round.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Welcome to the site. Take advantage of the search function as there is a lot of information to be found on any HK subject.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No break in needed lol. I've shot Blazer Brass, PMC, Magtech, all 115gr bullets with no hiccups. I also shot my reloads which are with Rainier Ballistics 115gr projectiles (I think copper plated, round nose) with 4.3gr of Hodgdon TiteGroup.

My workup loads started with 3.9gr, 4.0gr, 4.1gr, 4.2gr of TiteGroup and all of these did not lock the slide back after last round. 4.3gr worked perfectly, and without showing any pressure signs. But with all reloading, your results may vary so please do not attempt these loads unless you know what you're doing. The copper plated projectiles are softer than full metal jacket/FMJ and I think this causes the bullet to form to the bore much easier and travel through with less effort. I'm thinking that's why it needed a higher pressure load to be able to push the slide to full travel and allow it to lock back after firing the last round.
Thank you, I will deft keep this in mind.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts