HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a post of Kost (non intentional ryme) I am wondering what models were actually made in grey? I remember HK advertising (and we all know how accurate their adds are!) for all sorts of them, even a SOCOM. Yet I can't ever remember seeing any of them "in person". What do you know about the Grey USPs?

·
Registered
87 Posts
What do you know about the Grey USPs?
I know that I own two of them!

Both are standard USP's... .45

They're the only ones I've ever seen in person, which is probably good because I can't afford a third!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
.45 full size and .40 compact were made in gray

Shown with ODGreen USPF

Gray is a good tactical color in the city, blends with concrete and steel colors/mixed with black of course ODGreen is good in the city too, trees, grass, foliage.

*I really like my ODGreen Tactical .45* :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gray: USP .45 and USP .40 Compact; Green: USP .45, USP .40, USP .40 Compact and USP .45 Tactical; Desert Tan: USP .45, USP .40, USP .40 Compact and USP .45 Tactical and the Mark 23

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert usually has HK factory parts. He will usually tell you where they came from. I would assume that these are original HK.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Robert and his crew are great, have ordered there at least twice without disappointment. I recently bought a match and had it installed on my USP 45, improves the DA a bit, but more the SA. It also come with an adjustable stop to prevent overtravel. They're standard on Experts, Elites, and Tactical USPs. Check CDNN for the mags with extended floorplates many come standard with that bottom now, at least compacts and full size 45s do. I personally like Black, OD, Tan and Gray last colorwise.

·
Registered
98 Posts
.45 full size and .40 compact were made in gray

Gray is a good tactical color in the city, blends with concrete and steel colors/mixed with black of course ODGreen is good in the city too, trees, grass, foliage.
why youd need a gray tactical in the city i dunno. but its close to being blue-ish. or at least my buddies is and from pics so are alot of others.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Robert and his crew are great, have ordered there at least twice without disappointment. I recently bought a match and had it installed on my USP 45, improves the DA a bit, but more the SA. It also come with an adjustable stop to prevent overtravel. They're standard on Experts, Elites, and Tactical USPs. Check CDNN for the mags with extended floorplates many come standard with that bottom now, at least compacts and full size 45s do. I personally like Black, OD, Tan and Gray last colorwise.
Cool, I may just have to get that trigger setup too.. What exactly do you mean by improve? How much lighter is the SA?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Saw one on GunBroker during my research period. Probably would have got it if it wasn't so expensive. Just wanted one that was non-stainless. But I ended up with all-black, and I'll never go back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A couple years ago, one of these grey hks caught my eye on the front page of some gun magazine. It was the restarting of my hk disease. I called up a local gun shop and told them I wanted one of these in a 45 compact. They went nuts trying to get me one. Finally realized they did not come in the 45 compact. It was to late to go back to sleep, I had discovered this site and got hooked. Wound up buying a 45 compact and a USC and am having a great time. Wife say she will accept this form of a mid-life crisis :560:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stay away from the colored ones... then your wife can't figure out how many you really have because they all look the same :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts