HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always heard you guys refer to grip angle but never really understood what you meant. I have been shooting a glock for a while and I am transitioning back to my usp 45 after a year or so. I have been disappointed with my shooting on my usp. I do believe grip angle may be a factor. the usp seems to be more of a 90 degree angle from the slide and the glock seems to be more like 100 or 110. Maybe this is something I need to think about when shooting my USP 45. You would think if your sights are aligned then it wouldn't matter what gun you shoot, and technically it may not, however if you don't shoot ALOT when switching from glock to USP I think it can be a factor. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's like comparing peaches to apples. I shoot my USP 40 far better than I shoot any Glocks. I think think the USP points better for me and I hate the damn front sight Glock uses, it's waaay too wide. I don't shoot my USP as much as my Glock(duty gun) and when ever I pick up my USP I feel I can shoot circles around the Glock. I used to have the G17 for duty and now I have the G37 and for off duty I have a G27. It's all a matter of personal preference and comfort.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Glocks just dont point as naturally for me.

If I dont think about it and just quickly raise a Glock, the barrel has an upward tilt to it. I have to think about angling my wrist down to get it to point straight.

Glocks are obviously very popluar, but the grip angle seems to always be the main qualm shooters have with it.

HK's, Sig's just point straight without having to adjust anything.

It's different for everyone though, so you should shoot what's most comfortable for you.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
+1

I have a G34 and am thinking of picking up a G19 because I've herd so many good things about them. But every time I pick one up, I have to cant my wrist down to get on target.

·
Banned
77 Posts

QUOTE]

I dont agree. I shoot IDPA a lot and swap on a weekly basis between my USP and Glock. I never had any problem with the transition. Just draw, rotate and follow the front sight on the way out.

If you want to "point shoot", it'll probably be done from 2 yards or closer. Anything further and its worth lining those sights up, irrespective of the grip angle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Comes down to practice and then more practice. These are my two competition pistols. The 45exp in spring/summer and the Glock35 in fall/winter. I like the 45 but ammo capacity is a limitation(17 +1) along with the longer bore axis(read muzzle flip during rapid fire) while the Glock angle/sight picture requires a short orientation though the shorter bore axis(read min.muzzle flip, rapid follow up shots), high mag capacity( 20+1 in 40sw) are an advantage to be recognized. Accuracy is relatively similar with the edge going to the Exp. To me the most frequent hurdle is remembering to drop the HK's safety. Grip angle issues I resolve on the range the few days before a match and then it's forgotten. I may go to a Springfield next year in Limited 10 or so, we'll see if I remember the grip issue and safety then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts