HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys recommend any good Grip Tape that will actually stay on the gun for a while and that fits the usp 45. The grip tape seems to help me manage the recoil of the 45 when shooting our duty round and maintain my master grip. I am going to work on my grip strength especially with my support hand. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use skateboard tape on my idpa gun(xd tac in 40)you can buy it in large quantity for very cheap and it lasts a long time. i like it better than the pre cut stuff because i can customise it the way i like. When new it does catch a bit on loose clothing though so i rub it a bit after applying with a nother piece to take some of the sharpness away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry for he shameless plug, but about the best stuff to try would be some 3M brand skateboard tape or the 3M stuff that goes on stairs. You also might want to drop Eric Wesselman a note and tell him youre interested in getting the TruGrips set up for the USP line. He got the S&W MP line set up so the USP shouldnt be an issue so long as there is demand. Its probably the best stuff made for guns specifically.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The houge handall wrap from Hougue is pretty decent if you need finger grooves, it is a sleeve for the handle, pretty good stickiness to it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For slip on grips, I like Lone Wolf Distributors the best. No finger grooves and a bit thicker and more durable than Hogue. For stick on panels, I've used Decal Grips in the sand paper texture. They also make a rubber texture. Any of these can be had for right around 10 bones. The Decal Grips will last probably close to forever if you don't carry the gun a lot, if you do, expect to spend $10 to replace them in about a year when the peel themselves off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I couldn't get traction tape to stick to my USP for long because the checkering in the polymer didn't allow it to stick very well. But black cloth athletic tape will stay on forever... and the traction tape sticks very well to the cloth tape... so I used both and have been very happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts