HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a better bite on the .45c when shooting it. Noticed this past range trip, my grip is sometimes broken when firing the big .45 rounds especially after some time on the range when muscles start to weaken, sweat starts pouring and belly's start grumbling ;-). So grip tape (Talon grips, Hockey tape... etc) or the Hogue universal grip?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Grip tape. From my experience, the Hogue grip isn't going to help too much with the sweat aspect. It's also going to make the grip bulkier, which isn't something you're asking for.

Try and pick up some 3M from Lowes or Home Depot. That's what I use on my P2000, works fine, easy to find and cheap. I use it specifically for the whole sweaty aspect, but I only keep it on my right hand side. I didn't find it to help any with my support hand.

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
I've recently removed all the hogues from my pistols. While I did like the way they felt on the pistol, they work against you when your have really sweaty hands. As TGS also said, they add a bit of bulk to the gun also (not good for small hands or CCW). I would imagine that grip tape would work quite well but I've grown to love these......
PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT-Alpha) Glove

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've recently removed all the hogues from my pistols. While I did like the way they felt on the pistol, they work against you when your have really sweaty hands. As TGS also said, they add a bit of bulk to the gun also (not good for small hands or CCW). I would imagine that grip tape would work quite well but I've grown to love these......
PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT-Alpha) Glove
I like those too. But I don't shoot with gloves. I like to shoot as if I was in a real life threatening situation so no gloves because I don't wear gloves in the everyday real world. I've even gone as far to shoot without hearing protection to see how it will play on my ears.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I like the hogue grip , just put 500 rounds through last week , no problems w sweat unless I'm just that cool of a guy( oh that's it I own hk's )

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tried searching for pictures but found nothing. Can someone post some pictures of where exactly they are putting grip tape on the HK45C? Or maybe a little more detail? On the side/under the trigger/ backstrap/etc...?

Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is not mine but a picture posted by a member here. I messaged him about it and he said he used skateboarding tape.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The hogue grip has too much of a palm swell for me. I don't have small hands, it just feels weird. I wish decal grip would make a set for the 45c, I have them on my usp's and love them, skateboard tape will work but die cut is so much easier!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I carry my full sized HK45 concealed, often under just a loose tee shirt. Any grip tape would be way too scratchy. You might think about that if you carry concealed. My full size HK45 is easy enough to manage without any additional grip additions, even when firing +P .45ACP rounds.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wanna get a better bite on the .45c when shooting it. Noticed this past range trip, my grip is sometimes broken when firing the big .45 rounds especially after some time on the range when muscles start to weaken, sweat starts pouring and belly's start grumbling ;-). So grip tape (Talon grips, Hockey tape... etc) or the Hogue universal grip?
Try drawing a HK45c with Hogue grips at speed a few times and you'll quickly learn they don't stay put.
Like others have said, the 3M tape works great and is a must for me with the HK45c or just about any pistol.
I'm not a fan of the P-2000/HK45c grip.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Grip tape. Hogue grip looks and feels weird to ME.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went the stippling route. It took a lot of time and patience...and taking a soldering iron to an $1800 gun (w/ the Grayguns Competition Short Reset and Heinie's) was a little nerve racking.

·
Banned
219 Posts
^ That's actually a fantastic looking stipple job. Subtle and functional. I bet it feels great. I really hate when people make abortions like this:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts