HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
I have also purchased from RTG and I have been consistently happy. I am pleased with what I see as a growing selection of harder-to-find HK parts. Service has been excellent and price reasonable. Thanks Robert!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thank you Robert for bringing this information to the table it sure will impact where I continue to but from.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thank you, Robert! Bringing facts to light allows for clarity.
Clarity makes room for a more transparent society, which in turn is a sign of mental health.
Enough with the mental illness that allows people to freely violate others with no consequences.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,326 Posts
... if it's true that a company is misrepresenting parts or making unsubstantiated claims about other people's products, then the proper process is through the BBB or FTC or legal arena, not a one sided slap fight on an Internet forum.
@dwillHK I respectfully disagree with this comment. First, this is not a slap fight, merely a vendor providing info and detail about another vendor's actions which adversely impact him. HKParts is a vendor here and free to respond. The proper place for such issues in 2017 is indeed on a forum inhabited by a significant portion of the user community. It helps keep vendors honest and responsive to customer issues. For a positive example of the effectiveness of this method, take a look at recent complaints about B&T's APC45 on other forums and how they were addressed by B&T.

... This all seems very much an attempt by one vendor and his supporters to stir the pot against another vendor and his supporters. People can talk all they want about how it's a valuable "service" to warn others, but it's still one side against the other, and I don't think it needs to be played out here. We'll yank posts because they might be perceived as being a run to sell something, even legitimate HK items, but let one supporting vendor publicly slag another supporting vendor?
Again, since this is where the user community is AND because HKParts is a vendor here, others have a responsibility to raise legitimate concerns about unethical vendor practices here. Take for example MDW Arms who were banned from the forum because of what appear to be illegal and unethical business practices which directly impacted this community (me included in the interest of full disclosure). I think as long as professionalism is maintained such actions are "a service" to this community, and should be "played out" here on the forum. While I respect your perspective, I think you are off-base in this regard.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sorry but taking the high road as you call it doesn't take that long. I stand by my convictions too...
The high road has a deadline?

It is people like you sir that often prevent the truth from coming to light. Too many times people try to take things public via social media for positive reasons and having it completely implode simply because they made the mistake of trying to right a wrong. I'm rather impressed Robert took this action as you have absolutely no idea how business/commerce actually works and the scum that exists there in. If you believe that altruism is common in business, then you sir have selected your sobriquet appropriately.

Best of luck...

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,326 Posts
, then you sir have selected your sobriquet appropriately.

Best of luck...
so·bri·quet (noun) a person's nickname.
I had to look it up...

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
This is a very interesting thread! I have often wondered- if HK parts was in such good standing with HK Germany how come they would only have certain parts available and not others! We believe the same thing has happened with our RCM parts but have no proof! Lets just say customers have sent back RCM parts only for us to examine them and discover they were not made by us! Our parts have a distinct quality to them that we can spot because we look at them at all stages of manufacture. We also machine Name and date codes on them for trace ability! I personally give cud-do's to Robert for documenting and sharing the info that he has! We had a very similar thing happen with T.B. and the trash talking never really ceased from him!
Information and knowledge is power and the consumers should have as much of both as possible! We at RCM Inc. will always be happy to communicate with customers with any questions whether about quality or authenticity of our parts! I understand that none of us want to talk trash but when someone is dishonest about their business practices the consumer has a right to know, after all we should all get exactly what we are paying for!
Marty I truly appreciate your post! What you say makes total sense to us. Shortly after we began stocking your barrels we had a flurry of emails requesting us to confirm engravings, or asking for more detailed pictures of RCM products before they would purchase. People were afraid of getting taken. When a knucklehead does something wrong it creates a ton of work for every other re-seller, as well as the manufacturer. In the past this has happened with other HK products too. Though we sell a ton of AK, Uzi and MG parts we have never had this issue outside of the HK marketplace.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I want to thank all of you and close this thread.

You guys have been very kind and I appreciate all of the positive feedback. Thank you very much for all of your posts. And most importantly, I thank you for 18 years of wonderful business selling HK parts.

Not to be forgotten are the many who emailed and PM'd. I also thank you all very much as well. It's great to know the silent majority is with us too.

I am going to close this thread now. We stated our case! Nothing has changed from the other side so we will leave this thread up on our forum. We are closing it to new posts so the original topic, the misrepresentation of our parts, is not lost. I'm sure you will all understand.

Thank you again.
God bless and Happy Shooting!
Robert Johnson

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.