HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a group buy for the P7M series pistons only (not the PSP, or P7K3 series) - if successful, I plan to offer the PSP piston as well, but that will be at a later date.

I’ve reverse engineered the piston based off a few P7M8’s I personally own as well as the specs relayed from the armorer's manual and have engaged with a machine shop that does both precision turning as well as grinding to meet the tight tolerances required of the gas rings on the piston. As a result, I’m offering a group buy with minimum quantity to get this started at a minimum order quantity of 100 - the pricing tiers break down as follows:

100 pistons - $100 each
200 pistons - $80 each
300 pistons - $60 each

So long as we're close (<10 away), I'll purchase enough to bump us to the next tier.

I plan to leave the group buy open until June 1st - payment in full will be due by then. I accept PayPal ([email protected]), Venmo (@Steven-Walker-20), and ApplePay. I can also accept MO but will require they are postmarked by May 20th in order to allow time to receive and deposit the funds - PM for address details. The lead time to produce the items upon order placement is 14 weeks. During that time I will also procure the spring pin, have the detent spring manufactured, and piston detent manufactured required the complete the gas piston sub-assembly and include in the price above for group buyers (I also have the gas piston retaining roll pin that keeps it in the slide available as well if this part has been lost or damaged for an additional $5). After the group buy I plan to have these available at $120 as the cost of the piston is very high due to the extremely tight tolerances for the gas piston area. The pistons will come fully assembly and ready to put in your pistol - no need to assemble the detent assembly.

I’ve also asked James with Teufelshund Tactical @Marine0303 to inspect the first part using his armorer go/no gauges to guarantee function before moving forward with the remaining parts so we all get fully spec’d parts with no surprises.

If this is successful, I plan to continue to increase the number of parts available so we can all continue to enjoy our P7’s without the worry that eventually we won’t be able to replace routine maintenance parts and do what you’re supposed to do with HK’s - shoot them regularly!

Best,
Brett

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,038 Posts
This group buy is approved by forum staff. That's not an endorsement, just letting you know it's approved.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
very nice.....would be interesting to see James test drive it. Thanks for offering this to the HK community.

·
Registered
GOA Member
241 Posts
I'm interested in one piston. Thanks for engineering this. Hopefully a Sear Bar/Sear Lever can be engineered one day. That's the hardest spare part to find.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So how many rounds do you have to shoot to wear out the piston? What's the recommended replacement protocol? I've always figured I'll never shoot enough rounds to wear it out. 😃

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nobody? Am I asking a stupid question? James @ Teufelshund Tactical ? Any comments on recommended replacement protocol for piston? Just wait until it is out of spec:

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,431 Posts
Nobody? Am I asking a stupid question? James @ Teufelshund Tactical ? Any comments on recommended replacement protocol for piston? Just wait until it is out of spec:
View attachment 292373
There is no round count recommendation. Wear is dependent on more than just round count, like what type of ammunitiion has been used. But most of the time, the wear is due to improper/over-aggressive cleaning. Having a spare piston is highly recommended.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,038 Posts
I'm in for one piston.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am interested in one. Are you accepting funds now or just doing a "head count"?
Right now is a head count, I will need funds sent to me via the methods described in the post by June 1st to begin the production run with the machine shop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts