HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of HKPro Supporting Vendors is GermanGunWorks, they have the H&K G36 M4 Magwell Adapter for around 88€. Shipping starts at 35€ to the United States and remains the same until 4.5KG at which point it increases to 39€ and increases to 59€ as of > 9KG until a maximum weight of 20KG whereby a new order is required. I have been planning on purchasing one of these for myself for quite some-time and now have the funds to do so, but it'd be less expensive with more people involved.

Primary Items Available in this Group Buy:

Legal
and Agreement by entering into this Group Buy:

• You know and understand your local, State and Federal laws and will stay within the boundary of these laws throughout this group-buy.
  • You can put yourself down for n Items and cancel your request throughout this group-buy by giving proper notice; Once a payment is made you are locked into the group-buy and I will only make an exception if I haven't placed the order yet and there is a serious reason for canceling your order; Please try to provide at least 24 hours notice before the deadline of October 15 if this occurs; under certain circumstances I will allow it in the final 24 hour period, just be honest with me and we'll work it out.
  • Starting 5 days from the deadline ( October 15 ) I will start sending PMs to all users on the list to make payment arrangements in addition to requesting their addresses so I can pre-calculate shipping costs, for those that will not pick up locally, to make a single-payment ( Making 2 payments will also be allowed if you're unsure whether or not you'll pick the item up locally or you'd prefer to wait for the exact cost on shipping and cost of materials ).
  • If you make a payment, you may NOT file a charge-back; If you have an emergency or other issue before the order is placed I can issue a refund without being charged a $25 to $50 fee for a chargeback. If there is an issue with any item, all shipped items will be insured and I will help with filing claims. I will also inspect all items before they are shipped out without breaking sealed-items packaging unless requested by the purchaser so if there is an issue I can speak directly with GGW, DHL or USPS regarding the damage and file any necessary claims to ensure you are either reimbursed monetarily or with a replacement item. In short, there should be no reason to file a chargeback; if you have an issue with me please contact an administrator or call me directly.. There are 2 phone-numbers where I can be reached.

Shipping Costs from Germany to Myself ( Hendersonville, North Carolina 28739 or Charleston, South Carolina 29412 ):

• 01 to 22 Magwell Quantity ( up to 4.50 KG ) is 35€
  • 23 to 45 Magwell Quantity ( up to 9.00 KG ) is 39€
  • 46 to 90 Magwell Quantity ( up to 20.0 KG ) is 59€

Bank
and Miscellaneous Fees:

• Wire Transfer Fee from GGW on their end is $15.00 USD
  • Wire Transfer Fee from My Bank to GGW is $50.00 USD ( Note: I'm looking around for an alternative; I may even use my German Bank Account for this to avoid this fee [ it'd end up being 12€ if I go this route ] and I'm contacting GGW for alternative payment options such as Western Union, etc.. - As it stands, $50 fee means it is still less than other dealers but with the wait time it may be better to order domestically unless there are 5 people wanting items from GGW )

Packaging Information and Options:

• Shipping Label: 4" x 6" self-adhering label will be used on all mailing options.. One strip of tape can be added for additional security over the TO address if desired.
  • Default - Magwell Adapters: All Magwell Adapters, as they are quite light, will be bubblewrapped and shipped in a very strong PVC envelope; the adhesive makes any tampering easily noticeable.
  • Sturdy - Alternative Option: If you've ordered more than one item which won't easily or safely pack into the PVC mailer for any number of reasons or if you'd prefer a box to be used you can request the option to use a box and cost will be on a per / case basis - typically custom boxes can range up to $5 USD. If I have enough cardboard to make a box for you ( left-over moving boxes from u-haul which are slightly too thin to be moving boxes, or a thicker cardboard box from an alternative move which are 2x the thickness of the u-haul boxes ) then I will do so using the thicker boxes for orders including many items, heavier items, or for longer shipping distances and the thinner boxes for shorter distances - these boxes will be free but the added weight could affect transport costs. Alternatively, if you prefer, I can purchase pre-made or custom-made shipping boxes to meet your criteria.

Pickup and Shipping Options:

• Pickup arrangements can be made to pick up your order in Hendersonville, North Carolina 28739 ( Note: You must print out and bring a copy of the Private Message and Payment Receipt [ whether it was PayPal or the Postal Money Order Stub, etc... Something that can be confirmed ] )
  • Pickup arrangements can be made to pick up your order in Charleston, South Carolina 29412 ( My brother lives in Charleston and I visit occasionally although not as frequently in the last year or so, but he visits frequently so I can send them down with him which adds another local pickup point available for you so you don't need to pay a shipping fee from myself to you; Note: You must print out and bring a copy of the Private Message and Payment Receipt [ whether it was PayPal or the Postal Money Order Stub, etc... Something that can be confirmed ] )
  • Shipping Option 1: FedEx - I have an account with FedEx and the shipping cost will likely range up to $10 with tracking and insurance!
  • Shipping Option 2: UPS - I have an account with UPS and the shipping cost will likely range up to $10 with tracking and insurance!
  • Shipping Option 3: USPS - I have an account with PayPal Multi-Order Shipping which uses USPS as a carrierand the shipping cost will likely be around $5 - $10 with tracking and insurance - By default $100 USD insurance is included if I recall correctly; if you require a higher amount please let me know - Maximum insurance is $500 with USPS, if you require more, FedEx or USPS will need to be used unless you want me to ship in multiple boxes ( if more than one item )!

Total Item Cost, ie What You Pay from Start to Finish:
  • Item Price: You pay for the items you purchase.
  • Payment Fees: You pay an equally divided portion of the payment processing fees ( Bank Wire from my end, and to GGW ), which means less to pay for each additional person to join the group-buy ( Tell your friends ).
  • Shipping Fee to Myself: Depending on item diversity, the shipping fees will be split evenly amongst all purchasers or based on item weight ( ie 35€ == 4.5KG so 1 gram costs 0.0077778€ if we are at 4.5KG. If are only at 2.5KG then each gram will cost 0.014€ )
  • Shipping Fee to You: You pay the shipping cost from me to you including materials ( Roughly highest-price for a single item: Box ~$5, Bubble-Wrap ~$1, Label ~15¢, Envelope ~15¢, etc.. ), unless you pick it up locally in which case there is no charge.
  • Personal Profit: I am not doing this for a personal profit, but rather to save money on an order by including more people. If I end up overcharging on materials, I will let you know the difference and reimburse you if you deem it necessary. Also, because I have an account with the major shipping companies, they all offer local pick up; USPS is free and the others I can't recall but worst case I'll drive down the mountain and drop them off during another errand - no fee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Below is left as there is still data to migrate into the above tables, and there is some data
which still needs to be adjusted ( such as cost per unit table to include bank fees, etc...

Shipping from 1-22 QTY is 35€
Shipping from 23-45 QTY is 39€ ( At 45 people included in this buy, each unit will be 99.27555€ Shipped from Germany to me at around $110.72 USD with the current conversion rate and right now the conversion rate is quite close together meaning it is a good time to buy if you're interested )
Shipping from 46-90 is 59€
Shipping for 91+ is free or unsupported with DHL ( Over 20KG ) - I'm not expecting this many responses but if it looks like it is heading that way I'll give GGW a call ( I am fluent in German so this won't be an issue ).

The way I would set this potential group buy up is everyone splits shipping cost from Germany then either pays a fixed rate from me, 28739 to you ( I'll either use a box or soft PVC envelope with bubble-wrap and self-printed shipping labels using one of my accounts with USPS, UPS or FedEx - the soft-pvc envelopes are incredibly study and must be ripped or cut to open when sealed these are ~$0.11 USD Each if I recall correctly, Labels are around the same price 4x6" and bubble-wrap will wrap around the product several times - I'll get quotes on this if there is interest ), or you can provide and mail me your own shipping label if you have rates on your account which are lower than mine, or you can pick it up in person in Hendersonville North Carolina.

Shipping will likely range from $5 to $10 insured throughout the Continental U.S. for standard USPS with standard tracking, UPS and FedEx are sometimes more expensive..

I will only consider this as a group buy if 10 or more people are interested and as an admin to post this in Group-Buys Section. If there isn't much demand I will still get together with < 10 people to place the order. I would like to make the purchase within the next few weeks but will extend slightly if needed but I don't want to go beyond October 15.

I am not looking to make any money on this transaction, but I don't want to lose money either which is why cost of shipping supplies will be calculated into the final price but total shipping costs aren't expected to be higher than $10 including supplies ( and with my accounts, local pickup can be arranged with all carriers for no additional fee ). The purpose of this is to have a quality item shipped at approaching 75-95% discount from current suppliers. The Magwell is not ambidextrous but you don't need to remove the G36 / SL8 mag-release to use it and a G36 mag will work without a magwell in the event that you need to use one...

Another note, I am planning on purchasing a glorified glue-gun ( 3D printer ) in the near future to see if I can come up with a design for a replacement magwell that can support G36 mags and M4 mags without altering the magwell ( I have a few designs in mind such as: since the G36 mags are slightly wider, having a spring-loaded wall in place could act to disengage the M4 mag-release and engage the G36 Mag-release while G36 mags are inserted or keep the G36 release disengaged while not pressed - with an action to prevent the mag from tilting to prevent a tilted M4 mag from releasing the mag - The wall could also support the SL8 5 round mags for hunting as they do fit in the G36 magwell and lock and function properly but are prone to tilting - this is for later and I'll also be able to prototype and maybe sell some G36 lowers which support AR15 grips, and mag-loader ).

Estimated pricing shipped to you in the Continental U.S. is ( Each price shows the high and low of the range in EUR [ so exchange rate changes can be easily calculated ] from Germany to myself excluding shipping and in USD with the exchange rate as it is today with $5-10 shipping from me to you as an additional cost to the side ) Note - All values are stepped up if there is a repeating value or 3rd decimal position:
2 to 5: ( Total: 211.30€ or 105.65€ / $117.83 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 475.76€ or 95.16€ / $106.12 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
6 to 10: ( Total: 563.91€ or 93.99€ / $104.82 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 916.51€ or 91.66€ / $102.22 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
11 to 15: ( Total: 1004.66€ or 91.34€ / $101.87 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 1357.27€ or 90.49€ / $100.92 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
16 to 20: ( Total: 1445.42€ or 90.34€ / $100.75 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 1798.03€ or 89.90€ / $100.26 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
21 to 25: ( Total: 1886.18€ or 89.82€ / $100.17 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 2242.78€ or 89.72€ / $100.06 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD

If there is more interest I'll complete these tables...

If you want to put yourself down for 1 or more, include your desired quantity in the post with "I'm in for x", or "Put me down for x" or something similar; this will put you on the confirmed list immediately.

If you want to track interest and put yourself down for 1 or more once x people or quantity are confirmed respond with: "I'm in for x when 10+ people are confirmed" or similar; this will put you on the confirmed list once we reach x people. If the number of confirmed plus your quantity puts you over the limit, you will be confirmed.

If you only want to track the topic and maybe get one depending on how it goes, just add "+Support" to your response and post an "I'm in" post when ready to confirm yourself.

Payment will be via PayPal discrete +3% for fee ( $100 / 0.97 will add the 3% fee including the fee that will be subtracted from the additional value ie $103.10 ) or via Postal Money Order ( The Post Office is responsible for certain online crimes / scams and their PO Money Orders can be tracked adding security for both sides ) and must be made prior to the order being made if over 10 or so quantity as I only have so much set aside and am planning on building a new PC soon ( This one is 8+ years old although it runs remarkably well Asus P5k, Q6600 Quad 2.4 OC @ 3.0, 8GB, 5TB, 750 TI SC 2GB ). If you say you're in, you're in; if you want to remove your order have a moderator remove your post or edit it retracting support in addition to adding a new reply...

I am located in Hendersonville N.C. 28739 if anyone wants to confirm with me in person, or to pick up a magwell in person.

UPDATE September 19 2016: I just got a response from GGW and they are currently not accepting cards as a method of payment, only bank wire which adds a $15 USD fee to the order ( which I am waiting on a confirmation according to their page because they also said there is NO fee for minimum orders and they are planning on removing that notice when they re-do their site ) and a possible fee on my end to initiate the transfer.

I'll post an update as soon as there is more information, but with more people these fees become negligible.

Note: If there is anything on the site you want imported from Germany, feel free to ask.. I have also asked them if they have in stock or can order the G36 pull-chains for cleaning kits as these are my personal favorite out of all of the bore-snakes I've ever tried... I am waiting on a response on this but I felt it may be a good idea to expand the scope of this group-buy in the event someone wants to share shipping / fees with this buy..

Example of the G36 chain vs larger-bore chain ( I do have original length one but it is tucked away, I did shorten one for my pistols which is the one in the photo )
Zoomed out view of brush comparison, and chains ( 5.18mm is what the
micrometer measured ):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/photos/cleaning_kits/20160919_121727.jpg

Closeup of micrometer and easier to see size difference between larger
and smaller chains:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/photos/cleaning_kits/20160919_121739.jpg

Closeup of brushes:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/photos/cleaning_kits/20160919_121747.jpg

Micrometer displaying result in inches ( 0.203 / 0.204 )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/photos/cleaning_kits/20160919_121802.jpg
  • PackagingNote: All Magwell Adapters will be bubblewrapped and shipped in a very strong PVC envelope; the adhesive is very strong and any tampering is easily noticeable.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears as there is no interest in this and it isn't cost effective without a few more people interested in purchasing any item from GGW. I'll give it the rest of this week before calling it off.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pook, if you pay for the item I don't mind holding onto it until you do have an address I can send it to. I can also send it to any place of employment or to a friend in your current area. Alternatively, if you commit and give me a ballpark time-frame I can cover the cost up-front until you're settled at which point you can pay; Due to limitations on my end, I can't do this for everyone ( depending on the final number ) but for a premium partner I don't mind as long as your word is given.

I believe, with the wiring fee, it may be best to wait until we have 5 to 10 committed to this buy which will help offset the costs a bit more to be easier on all of our wallets. And, now that there is interest I'll call the Deutsche Bank first thing in the morning ( German Time ) to see if I can link my PayPal account to it ( which I'm pretty certain will be no problem; which would likely mean no wiring fee, or a much lower fee if I use my German account outright ) and then it is no problem if it ends up being just the 3 of us.

Are either of you against an extension beyond the 15th - ie until 5 to 10 are in or 30 days or to January?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I am interested in buying some stuff from GGW, but when I attempted to checkout, found out that they do not accept credit cards. I discovered this groupbuy, and am very interested.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was unable to speak with my banker overseas so I'll try again Monday ( tomorrow around 3AM to catch them in the morning ).

The cost would be ( [ $50 wire fee ] / [ people in group buy ] ) + ( [ Shipping Fee ] / [ Items in group buy or by weight if the items are vastly different in weight which increases the shipping cost - if the shipping cost doesn't increase to the next tier then it is by items or people in group buy ] ) + ( Actual cost of item ) + ( Shipping from me to you which would range $5 to $10 in Continental US - you may optionally pick up the item from me in Charleston, SC or in Hendersonville, NC without needing to pay for shipping ).

So with us 5 you'd pay ( $10 as 1/5 of wire fee ) + ( Item cost as of September 16 EURO conversion rate: $106.12 ) + ( $5-$10 ) so ~$126.12 which is a savings of $60 + shipping from current USA Dealers ( IF any distributors / dealers want in on this buy, you're more than welcome to join )...

I formatted the wall of text a bit, the bottom portion has most of the costs:
Estimated pricing shipped to you in the Continental U.S. is ( Each price shows the high and low of the range in EUR [ so exchange rate changes can be easily calculated ] from Germany to myself excluding shipping and in USD with the exchange rate as it is today with $5-10 shipping from me to you as an additional cost to the side ) Note - All values are stepped up if there is a repeating value or 3rd decimal position:
2 to 5: ( Total: 211.30€ or 105.65€ / $117.83 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 475.76€ or 95.16€ / $106.12 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
6 to 10: ( Total: 563.91€ or 93.99€ / $104.82 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 916.51€ or 91.66€ / $102.22 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
11 to 15: ( Total: 1004.66€ or 91.34€ / $101.87 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 1357.27€ or 90.49€ / $100.92 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
16 to 20: ( Total: 1445.42€ or 90.34€ / $100.75 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 1798.03€ or 89.90€ / $100.26 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
21 to 25: ( Total: 1886.18€ or 89.82€ / $100.17 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD to ( Total: 2242.78€ or 89.72€ / $100.06 ea ) + $5 - 10 USD
Excluding wire fee...

It may be that I can bypass the wiring fee altogether by speaking with my banker and exploring other options.

I have a few PMs to respond to - one user wants to purchase 8 items.

Note: Because this is "my" first order from GGW, the order can take several weeks before reaching me. And, depending how many items are ordered, I may be able to cover the order cost up-front. If I am unable then out-of-pocket expenses would be needed ( ie your portion of the order less shipping from me to you, unless you want to take care of that right away and I refund the overage when I ship to you as you pay exact shipping expense ) - also since my feedback score only has 2 users on it, I'll be more than happy to scan my drivers-license / cwp so you know where to find me.

Edit: I am waiting on a response from earlier posters to see if they're ok with delaying the order by a short time ( to allow Pook the jump in on this and to allow more interested parties to join in too ).. I'll send them a PM to see if they're ok with it.

Awaiting stock information for the following items:
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-original-bundeswehr-tool-grip-p-3023.html

http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-fire-selector-switch-mr762-ral8000-p-803.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-grip-with-extended-hand-support-ral8000-p-833.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-ejection-port-cover-mr762-ral8000-p-3024.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-plate-with-loops-mr762-hk417-p-263.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-buttstock-slim-line-hk417-mr308-p-237.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-assault-grip-front-grip-with-integrated-bipod-p-458.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/rubber-picatinny-rail-cover-95mm-ral8000-p-1265.html
http://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-quickrelease-sight-33mm-sighting-line-87092mm-p-1287.html

Edit: E-Mail response.

we're just waiting for a bigger HK delivery at the end of this or beginning next month. But i don't know an exact delivery date or the complete item list for this. If we order special parts for you, the delivery time depends on HK and varies between 4-8 weeks, but most of the parts are still reordered.

At the moment in stock:

HK00269 - 2x
HK00248u249 - 13x
HK00247 - 3x
HK00250 - 1x
HK00077 - 4x
HK00280 - 2x
HK00339 - 1x
HK00361 - out of stock, don't know if and when we will get this again
... replacement therefor http://www.germangunworks.com/magpul-picatinny-schutzleiste-p-3474.html 6x left in stock
HK00262 - 2x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this group buy from GGW still a possibility? I have a few things I'd like to order and would love to save some $$ on shipping.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts