HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always kept a record book for each one of my weapons, to record ammunition data, maintenance issues, etc. I'm not sure how many of you do the same. Maybe I'm just a bit obsessive with my guns. What I have used is a generic example that I found in a LGS, but my search of something more professional has continued.
Recently, I came upon the HK Weapon Record Book. I think it is a much better fit for my collection and through my contacts at HK, I attempted to order quite a few. Sadly, after them researching the part number, they found that it is no longer in print. Of course, I asked what it would take to reprint it and was told the order would have to warrant enough interest. When I asked for a definition of "enough interest", I was told that an order would have to be placed for at least 250 for HK to print another batch.
I'm not sure about a cost per item, as it would depend on the price quote that HK gets from their printer, but the rumored estimate should be about $5 per with maybe another dollar for shipping.
Here are the photos of what the HK Weapon Record Book looks like:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would like to have atleast 5 if there $5.00 each

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Yea, I would be down. I would want at least one per HK weapon I own that I shoot , let me get a tally with the records and I will get back to you.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Put me in for 10.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Might as well get started on the list early and keep things organized.

If you're interested, PLEASE COPY & PASTE the most recent list and add yourself.

1. nat91683 - 5
2. PSG1 Nut - Pending
3. veritas - 10
4. GodSpeed - 10
5. ts160 - 5
6. frogman342 - 10
7. mag1 - 5

Current total: 50

Should be rather easy to get over 200, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
Might as well get started on the list early and keep things organized.

If you're interested, PLEASE COPY & PASTE the most recent list and add yourself.

1. nat91683 - 5
2. PSG1 Nut - Pending
3. veritas - 10
4. GodSpeed - 10
5. ts160 - 5
6. frogman342 - 10
7. mag1 - 5

Current total: 40

Should be rather easy to get over 200, IMO.
Note the correction: I want minimum 10.

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
Thanks GodSpeed. Anyone know how many pages these things have? If they are more than just a few, I will likely take 20 or so provided they are at $5 each.

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
Heh... I've got far too many rounds down the pipe over the last 3 decades to even entertain the thought... besides, imagine the paperwork requirement for a boatload of guns after a 3 day machinegun shoot. It's hard enough to get the motivation to do all the cleaning each night and after the shoot, never mind sit down and try to remember how many 1000 round cases each particular firearm just belched out. Pass...

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks GodSpeed. Anyone know how many pages these things have? If they are more than just a few, I will likely take 20 or so provided they are at $5 each.
There are plenty of pages for any normal shooter. Of course, Shattered does not fall into that category.
Also, if you fill up one book, just start another. You'll see from the photo of the front cover that there is an area for you to fill out "book 1 of 1" and so on.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'd be in for 10 as well.

Changed my number.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts