HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a gsg and would like to order some of the recommended upgrades for it. My first question is instead of buying the $20 kit can I just order the hk pins from robertrtg instead ( I am ordering from there anyway)? Also what is the buffer upgrade I heard about? Are there any other upgrades recommended out of the box? Thank's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The buffer upgrade pertains to the cocking handle. When you let it slide forward the shaft of the cocking handle makes contact with the receiver. Over time this part may snap off. I ended up doing the poor man's upgrade consisting of an 11/16" O.D. flat faucet washer inside the front of the cocking tube assembly. No disassembly of the gun required as you lock the cocking handle, slide the rubber washer in sideways then orient vertically. Release the handle to push the washer forward (repeat). I used a flat head screw driver and slight taps from a mallet to fully seat the washer and I was done. Cost was $2 for a set of 10 of those washers at Lowe's. This should give the handle about 2mm of buffer from hitting the receiver.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You can use regular HK pins, but you have to do a little work on the stock to make them fit. You can use a small one on the stock just by lightly reaming out the hole on the right side of the stock - very simple. Or, you can use a large pin but that requires you enlarge the holes in the stock and the tail of the grip assy.

more info here:
Installing the HK pins in your GSG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts