HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of headache and heartache, my stamp to sbr my MP5 finally came today!!! I'm so ecstatic!! Going to shoot it tomorrow. Haven't shot it in a while because I hated it as a pistol. Will be posting pics tonight!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It went pending July 7th. Approved January 27th. But there were extenuating circumstances. They didn't like how I engraved it. I initialed my first name. So they sent it back for me to fix. So I did. Then I mailed it back and USPS lost it. So I filled out another form 1 and sent it back SD to be signed again. They lost it. Finally had it signed last Monday, overnighted it Tuesday, they mailed it back Friday. This one has been a journey. But in the end it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
"They"? Who's the "they" that didn't like how you engraved it?
Your post has me wildly confused.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Kick ass, Congrats. P.S. some form 4's are running 6 months plus but closer to six months, but just had one clear in 44 days.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats! Sorry to hear all that mix up, but at least you have it now.

Waiting on my stamp too. Just sent in the F4 last week. Might as well grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show..

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"They"? Who's the "they" that didn't like how you engraved it?
Your post has me wildly confused.
They. As in the only people that matter. The ATF. And that doesn't stand for automatic transmission fluid either.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Ronzo. It was a local jewelry shop. Did a good job.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
They. As in the only people that matter. The ATF. And that doesn't stand for automatic transmission fluid either.
That last time I did a form 1 the ATF never saw my engraving. How is it that they didn't like yours?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't know. I put on the form JA Beck. They said I couldn't initial my first name. That it had to be spelled out. Stupid because my buddy who sent in a Form 1 at the same time for his AR, initialed his. Guess what? Came back just fine, no complaints from ATF. They're swamped down there is the reason I was given that his slipped by.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks jeep! When we get to Jeff's shoot in march I'm having him replace the sling clip I broke and possibly a refinish.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Don't know. I put on the form JA Beck. They said I couldn't initial my first name. That it had to be spelled out. Stupid because my buddy who sent in a Form 1 at the same time for his AR, initialed his. Guess what? Came back just fine, no complaints from ATF. They're swamped down there is the reason I was given that his slipped by.
Ok, I think I understand now. That's how you filled out the form, not what they saw on the gun. Yeah, they get crappy about initials and spelling out stuff on forms. Take a 4473 for example. Everything has to be spelled out, only execptions are legal state initials. You really had me wondering because I just filled out a form 1 and reviewed it at least a dozen times for correctness and never did ever see a box indicating what the maker "intends" to mark it with.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts