HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a complete HK recoil assembly and found the guide rod wiggles. It moves slightly up and down and from side to side. Is this normal?

thanks

Doug

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Should be. Every pistol I've owned had a bit of wiggle. The guide rod isn't attached to anything and if there wasn't a little bit of room around it and the opening to the slide, when you fired the pistol, the two would bind and/or the rod would be damaged.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Should be. Every pistol I've owned had a bit of wiggle. The guide rod isn't attached to anything and if there wasn't a little bit of room around it and the opening to the slide, when you fired the pistol, the two would bind and/or the rod would be damaged.
I think he is talking about the HK91 recoil spring rod.
It should be fine dougk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not normal but if it's slightly loose it's acceptable. I say not normal because when they’re rolled over they’re generally pretty tight. With the slight looseness your describing it’s still not going to go anywhere. Keep in mind they’re rolled over on the back side of the backplate just to keep it in place (or in position on the backplate). All of the pressure from the recoiling carrier assembly is driving it back against the backplate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts