HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of gun free zones here in CT. I know places like schools and courthouses are but what about cinemas and parks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Places off-limits when carrying in CT:

1. A permit to carry is required to carry a handgun outside one’s home (even though one may still be on his own property) or in any place of business in which one is merely an employee, not an owner or operator. A permit is also required to transport a handgun back and forth between one’s home and place of business, or to and from a range for target shooting.
2. It is unlawful to possess a firearm on public or private elementary or secondary school property. This prohibition shall not apply to a person with a firearm carrying permit, with permission from school officials, or while traversing school property with an unloaded firearm for the purpose of gaining access to lands open to hunting or for other lawful purposes, provided entry is not prohibited by school officials.

Just use common sense when carrying concealed and you should be ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also believe it is unlawfull to carry in establisments that serves alcohol, Not that sell alcohol but serves alcohol that is consumed on premise. I mostly read this to mean clubs and not say a restarant that serves wine with dinner. Another good tip is to look for any actual signs at the entrance of any buisness. Some places have posted signs. Any private buisness has the right to not allow you to carry on their property. I have even had one forum member from another site state he went to enter a gun shop and they had a large sign at the entrance stating that no conceled weapons were allowed in the store. We of couse have the right to not patronised these places.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Also Post Offices, some public buildings, Police depts, CT DPS complex, colleges, bars and clubs etc.. Again common sense goes a long way when carrying. If there is some place that you have doubts about, dont bring it...

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can carry in a place that serves alcohol. You should not consume while carrying. It is treated like a DUI. Also, state parks are off limits.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You need a permit just to transport your firearm to practice at the range!?
We really are being inundated with loony tune politicians. All jokes. No common sense.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Im not sure but soon it will be this

Gun free zone = CT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts