HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally found a Mossberg 930 SPX at the local gun show that I have been searching for since starting 3 gun. While purchasing the Mossberg a friend text messaged me and told me to find him ASAP as another of our coworkers was trying to sell his P7 and was getting lowballed (highest offer from a dealer was 800). Apparently the weapon was bought in 1989 by his grandfather and was subsequently put away and not shot. It came with 3 magazines. I'm well known at work for being the only weirdo that likes old guns like P7's and Shiloh Sharp rifles so we talked about prices for a minute. He was aware of the recent 1500-2000 sellings on GB. I told him that it was pretty much only due to the gun scare and offered him 1100 cash on the spot. Luckily he took it!

I haven't been following P7's for awhile but the Chantilly ones are slightly more desireable no? And I really didnt care about the unfired part although that does raise the value. I own no guns that do not get shot often and am planning on running this thing into the ground as soon as I buy some spare parts. Also didn't the P7M8's that were made in this time frame (80's) need to be sent back to HK for a free upgrade?

Now for some mediocre pictures.

IMG_0947.jpg IMG_0946.jpg IMG_0945.jpg

First things first and Nill Grips are already on the way. I plan on sending the pistol to Bruce Gray for an action package and new sights if I can. All my pistols have a flat black rear and gold/brass front bead, although I haven't heard of many people with anything other than Trijicons (never found a use for trijicons as I never plan on engaging targets with this pistol without white light or using NVG's). Also I have ordered a TT Gunleather OWB holster and an HBE leatherworks IWB COM holster. Am planning on shooting IDPA every now and then once my Raven Concealment holster arrives also.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Damn she is clean and pretty! Nice job!

Btw, the P7 trigger is amazing. Like 2" groups at 20 yards off hand all day long and better than a full-size 1911 amazing. No need to spend all that $$ to butcher an otherwise perfect gun in hopes of a trigger that might feel better when dry firing, but doesn't actually improve anything when shooting. I say keep that beauty in factory condition!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CPshooter I do tend to agree with you on the trigger. This thing is amazing out of the box. Especially with the wait time I only plan on sending it off to grey guns once the whole gun needs to be refinished.

The sights are the big issue however. I hate three dot white sights. I will more than likely paint the rear black and the front another color, sacrilege be damned. The elegence of this gun is why I wanted to go brass or gold also. I have a PF-9 that I carry often that has the front sight painted high vis orange but it just seems wrong to do on this pistol.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
At $1,100, a fantastic buy!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice score, definitely want to stock up on extra parts while they are available. I just learned this the hard way:(

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What did you break?
my sear lever snapped in half. But I realized when buying the P7's that they are little more prone to parts replacement than some other HK offerings. Just didn't expect it so quickly lol! I plan on spending quite a bit on reserve parts here in the near future.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would say that you made out very, very well. Congratulations on your new P7M8.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts