HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend, about the last thing that I expected to find at a show was an Original HK21e 22" barrel and an HK21e complete Bolt Head with firing pin and spring. My question, without digging my MM21e out of the back of the safe, is if these will fit/work in my MM 21e? Specifically, will the barrel work with the pin on the carrying handle ring that my MM barrels do not have? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think they will work in the MM21E, but if they where the right price, I would grab them up fast the HK21E parts are getting harder to find.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes they will work in the MM21E receiver, the pin/stud is for a barrel catch that is omitted on those receivers.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You might want to check with MM to be sure, but I believe your MM21e uses modified HK21 barrels that have the pin in the barrel face, and I believe the bolt will have to be modified as well.

Here's a pic of my MM21e barrel (converted from an FMP HK21 barrel).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I use this barrel and bolt in my MM, then it would apoear to be missing a safety mechanism,right? What EXACTLY do the "pin on barrel end and corresponding hole in bolt face" do on a MM weapon, and what do the "pin protruding from carring handle and safety lever" do on a FACTORY HK21e? Is it SAFE to use a weapon with NEITHER of these safeties? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The pin on the breech end of the barrel is designed to stand off the bolt from the barrel in the case the user didnt rotate or fully rotate the barrel into battery with the latch engaged. This is to prevent firing with a partially seated barrel. The later versions (A1/3 and "E") transitioned to the barrel safety latch on shroud, barrel latch and the extended extractor & corresponding relief cut. I will let others weigh in on the 'safe' word. Seat the barrel properly (fully rotating it) and make sure it is latched down and you are installing the barrel correctly.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pin on the breech end of the barrel is designed to stand off the bolt from the barrel in the case the user didnt rotate or fully rotate the barrel into battery with the latch engaged. This is to prevent firing with a partially seated barrel. The later versions (A1/3 and "E") transitioned to the barrel safety latch on shroud, barrel latch and the extended extractor & corresponding relief cut. I will let others weigh in on the 'safe' word. Seat the barrel properly (fully rotating it) and make sure it is latched down and you are installing the barrel correctly.
Yeah, I know, the "safe" word is a "legal" word, and I am not asking that. I guess my question is that IF the barrel is latched PROPERLY, then the "pin in barrel face & coresponding hole in bolt face" OR thefactorly HK21e safety latch, both really do NOTHING at that point, right?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no intention of selling these, but does anyone know the current market value of them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts