HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy from here in KY? I live in Louisville so I usually buy from Shooters Supply, but lately they have been pretty unhelpful. I don't want to go across the river to Bass Pro and have to fool with transfering it in, and it seems like I can never find just what I want at the big shows. Any ideas? I'm specifically in the market for a G36 so I guess I'm gonna have to start at the SL8 and convert.

Thanks!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Deeps in Lebanon, KY ('bout 1:15 from you) or in Lexington, Antique & Modern, CLassic Arms & Archery, The Gunsite. I have the best luck of those at A&M. Also there is Evans in lex.

Of course there is Wild Bill Cody's in Richmond, and at least one other.

You have Uncle Dans in Etown, and another one across from the strip mall in Etown, but he/she is a total a ss. (but hk stocking dealer) (youll be lucky to find 1 hk in there)

Also there is KCR Gun shop located at the Knob creek range in west point.

You have Jeffries Guns in Campbellsville, as well as Raineys. Also there is Downeys in Columbia (Adair Co.)

You also have Whitakers near hopkinsville (Evansville..)?

There are a couple neat places in Bowling Green.

There is Buds - big store north of Lexington I believe.

Those are just the ones I hit on a normal Saturday.

LOL

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Try Kentucky Firearms 859-321-9444, tell Mr. Tyson what you want and let him find it for you at his low, low prices. His overhead is so low you have to crawl to get in!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got access to a gun or two! I sent you a P.M. a few min ago.. Let me know if I can help. I'm 35-45 min from L-ville North on I-71. Carrollton. Craig Froman @ M-F Firearms

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Damn, I forgot to mention Craig!! Sorry man! Also have him build up all your desires!

·
Registered
34 Posts
HK Dealers in KY (Louisville)

Who is the best to deal with in the Louisville area on HK's. Im looking for a HK45. I bought some stuff from Buds outside of Lex and they seem to be pretty reasonable. Any other ideas closer to home? I hate dealing with most of the dealers in Louisville. You walk in the door and they dont want to talk to you. On top of that everyone is Too High! They are trying to make a killing on us?

I will say one thing, if anyone has any questions on an AR. Skip @ Shooters Suply is the best. He knows more than anyone I have ever met on AR's. One neg is that I went in there to look at a Smith AR and they were about $350 higher than Tillfords. They would not budge on the price. I told him if they could get within $100 I would buy from him. Nothing. Ever since, they do not look at me the same? Oh well. Tillfords has been good to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whittaker Gun in West Louisville, just outside the Owensboro city limits, is the best I've seen as far as prices and availability. Largest dealer in KY.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with you about Whittakers. I am origionally from Western KY and I have bought alot of guns from there. But, with the price of gas these days it is worth giving someone local the extra $$ and you dont have to worry about driving. I always use him as a price point. He is a good guage to see if you are getting a good deal or not. I know that you are not going to find a better deal anywhere else. I just add $50 and start the negotiations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mark's Guns in Florence is a good shop. From time to time I hear criticism of Mark's but I have always paid fair prices and had very good service there. The prices "marked" are higher than some of the other stores around but they are willing to negotiate. That said, however, it is their service that is expecially good. Through the last year or two I have bought new handguns there that had problems from the get-go (Rugers). Mark's got right on sending them back to the factory--and when one of them was gone longer than I had expected they simply replaced it out of the showcase. So, while I might save a dollar or two on the initial purchase somewhere else, my choice is Mark's because of their customer service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Buds Gun Shop, has stores in Paris and Lexington. The shop in Paris is larger, has indoor shooting range, wider range of guns. Store in Lexington is "police supply," pistols and black rifles, currently relocating from Winchester road to a new place with an indoor range. Check their websites. I have bought many many guns from both stores, very upstanding people.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was in the Bud's in Lexington the other day and they told me the store in Paris was closing (or being sold). The new store (with indoor range) will be on Industry Rd, not far from where they are now. Good people! Do check out their website if you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I have heard NOTHING but good things about Whittakers. Their prices are great and selection is awesome, so if you don't wanna spend any money, you better not take any :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was in the Bud's in Lexington the other day and they told me the store in Paris was closing (or being sold). The new store (with indoor range) will be on Industry Rd, not far from where they are now. Good people! Do check out their website if you get a chance.
The store in Paris is not closing.In fact they just remodeled and changed things up a bit.It does have a different owner.Good people there as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I stopped by the store in Paris Tuesday, and indeed they are not closing. Still have a good selection, and seem to be good people. However, they are not associated with Bud's in Lexington in any way (which is not a bad thing, just thought I'd throw that in).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mark's Guns in Florence is a good shop. From time to time I hear criticism of Mark's but I have always paid fair prices and had very good service there. The prices "marked" are higher than some of the other stores around but they are willing to negotiate. That said, however, it is their service that is expecially good. Through the last year or two I have bought new handguns there that had problems from the get-go (Rugers). Mark's got right on sending them back to the factory--and when one of them was gone longer than I had expected they simply replaced it out of the showcase. So, while I might save a dollar or two on the initial purchase somewhere else, my choice is Mark's because of their customer service.
I too have had good experiences with Mark's in Florence - for a long time they were the only game in town. I've put in quite a bit of time on that range over the years. Their prices on accessories may be a little high, but they are usually willing to negotiate on their firearms. In my experience they are the only local N. KY store that actually has an HK or 2 in stock from time to time. If not for seeing HK's at Mark's I'd still be blissfully shooting my Glocks and Rugers...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts