HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Big hk fan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this p7m8 a factory nickel finish? Date code appears to be “ah” which is last year they made the p7m8. I was under the impression the only year they did the nickel finish was 1992.https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910756804

I guess my question is this a re finish or “Uber ultra high end one of none super rare” factory finish

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Looks like a Robar finish to me.

Reactions: Hkorbust13

·
Registered
Big hk fan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a Robar finish to me.
yeah maybe he got it refinished after he shot the hell out of it and now he is calling it brand new!? Why would one take a brand new p7 and destroy the value buy getting it refinished? I like the look of the finish but that seems like a waste of time and money if the pistol was already brand new.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
No way that is factory. But it looks cool. It was common for people to do aftermarket finishes when the p7m8s were in production.

·
Banned
145 Posts
That's way too much, The most i can pay for this is $4k. not a penny more.
Should have bought at least 5 many years ago. Dumbo!

·
Priest of the P7
5,485 Posts
This is from the item description: “ This very special piece is 1 of only 500 total produced in the P7 design .”

WTF does that mean exactly? That makes me think they’re clueless.

Looks like a nice refinish to me, but it would be easy enough to find out — just call HKUSA with the sn which is on display in the pics, they can tell you what it looked like when sold. AFAIK, tho, the “last 500” were all black.

Reactions: Hkorbust13

·
Registered
606 Posts
The last 500 didn't have night sights, but they did come in that very special black plastic "presentation case". That part of the description made me laugh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts