HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent read it yet but awsome to see it on the cover! So go get a copy of guns and ammo lol!

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Havent read it yet but awsome to see it on the cover! So go get a copy of guns and ammo lol!
Saw it, bought it, read it. The author loved the gun, said HK "hit it out of the park". (Also noted HK45 advertisements in G&A and a few other gun rags).

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
great review for H&K P30

Looks like the reviewer really likes the P30! Hi points of the review being...

*P30 feels great in the hand, in part due to the back straps and side panels being able to be customized/changed to fit the shooters hand.

*Very accurate with variety of ammo, easily hitting steel plates at 100 yds.

*Very soft shooting...due to the recoil reduction system on the guide rod.

Very favorable review, press like this sells units! :)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I love it, hopefully they will be CA approved and I can get one.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sweeny. I once blasted him so hard here on HKPRO that he signed up to defend himself. I damn near Zumbo'd him! I do like his gunsmithing book though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I really like the looks of that pistol. I can only hope HK can get it approved for sale in mASS. They are trying to get a P2000 and a P2000 SK in .357 Sig approved for sale right now. I can only hope they continue to submit models in this state. I need an HK fix soothed!

My hat goes off to them for even trying. Many, many companies ave not and will never even try to make mASS compliant models.

There is a glimer of hope!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like a good review. I am eager to handle one in the store and see how it feels in the hand. I also want to see how the trigger feels. I may get this instead of the P-01 depending on ergonomics.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
probably won't be. According to the review, the P30 doesn't have a mag disconnect safety, so yea, it can't be added to the roster.

****ing state.
What on earth is their rationale for a mag disconnect safety?

They just need to require a loaded chamber disconnect and be done with it - any time there's a bullet in the chamber, the trigger is disabled.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What on earth is their rationale for a mag disconnect safety?

They just need to require a loaded chamber disconnect and be done with it - any time there's a bullet in the chamber, the trigger is disabled.
ROFL!!!

That, my friend, is exactly what they are working toward. And anyone who doesn't consider this when at the voting booth deserves what they get---the right to scream and yell when they are being attacked.

BTW, I'm with Fred.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Anyone else notice that he said he didn't get to spend much time with it B/C the P30 he tested was the only one in the country lol That dousnt give me a wame and fuzzy for the P30 and HK45 release!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Anyone else notice that he said he didn't get to spend much time with it B/C the P30 he tested was the only one in the country lol That dousnt give me a wame and fuzzy for the P30 and HK45 release!
I am interested in both of these handguns but I never buy something as soon as it is released. I like to wait a few months or so for all the bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am interested in both of these handguns but I never buy something as soon as it is released. I like to wait a few months or so for all the bugs to be worked out.

Supposed to be shipping to dealers at the end of THIS month.
How much longer can you wait - it has been postponed so many times, the bugs have to be gone!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wait at least a year...a few months for bugs to be found, a few months for the manufacturer to acknowledge the problem, and another 4 - 6 months for the fix to be incorporated and imported...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wait at least a year...a few months for bugs to be found, a few months for the manufacturer to acknowledge the problem, and another 4 - 6 months for the fix to be incorporated and imported...
Naah! Never! This is HK - they don't compromise! An HK product WILL NOT have any bugs, ever. Both of these puppies should be ready to go right off the assembly line because BY GOD we've waited long enough for them.

Oh, and just for the record - I am actually interested in the P30. I thought I wouldn't be, but I am. Damn this 9mm addiction!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Supposed to be shipping to dealers at the end of THIS month.
How much longer can you wait - it has been postponed so many times, the bugs have to be gone!
Yeah your probably right :D. Lets just hope this gun is somewhat reasonably priced ($700-$800).

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
+1! Thats exactly what I always do...gives time for the price to settle down after the 'first on the block' guys get theirs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts