HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to Tucson and was in need of a gunsmith to install a brand new set of Novak night sights ($152+) on my brand new HK USP45C. I asked the salesman at Diamondback (Tucson @ Kolb) if they had a qualified gunsmith that could install a set of sights and he responded that the resident gunsmith was a perfectionist.

I waited impatiently while the work was being done. When the gun was returned to me, the "gunsmith", in his attempt to do a quick and dirty job, had taken too much of the bottom of the rear dovetail and when he screwed down the sight he forced the sight up in the dovetail. The sight now sits above the slide and light is visable below the sight.

The salesman claims that the installation was done properly and showed me guns that were also done improperly. And of course this is just so much XXX . I will not purchase anything from this store-ever and will try to inform the public so that do not have this frustration. I'll now have to buy new sights and spend another $152+. A very expensive lesson.

I recommed that you be very careful of those that make claims of their abilities and can't perform even a simple task like fitting a sight into a dovetail.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A drive down Scottsdale Gun Club might work for you. I know it's a bit far but you can make a day trip out of it and shoot the gun while your there. Just a thought.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I had SGC install a set of night sights on my 45 Tactical and they did a great job and only charged me $20. I would not hesitate to use them again!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I personally won't have anything to do with SGC.
Why? Statements like that always baffle me. If you are going to knock someone, at least have the decency to explain your opinion. Who knows, you might even influence people and help them out---but this kind of thing is just pointless.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Why? Statements like that always baffle me. If you are going to knock someone, at least have the decency to explain your opinion. Who knows, you might even influence people and help them out---but this kind of thing is just pointless.
All I said is that I wouldn't have anything to do with them. I didn't bad mouth them or anything else. If someone really wanted to know and did their homework (like any good consumer should) they could easily find out why I feel this way.

However, since you asked. If you would like to find out more about SGC then I advise checking out the Arizona Shooting forums. Just do a search over there or, if you dare, ask about people's experiences with them. It will be a real eye opener!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Strange, I ask, because I go there and have never had an issue. In fact, more than once, they've gone above and beyond for me. :/

Have you had a personal experience to share?

I just searched those forums that you pointed to, and I can't find anything. Do you have a direct link, or a story to tell?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Strange, I ask, because I go there and have never had an issue. In fact, more than once, they've gone above and beyond for me. :/

Have you had a personal experience to share?

I just searched those forums that you pointed to, and I can't find anything. Do you have a direct link, or a story to tell?
No personal experience. Only the experiences of a couple of members I have shot with.

Anyways, here is a link to a thread I started about it for you. Scottsdale Gun Club question Here are two more that are absolute horror stories IMO. BTW, same guy in both but two different instances.
Scottsdale Gun Club butchered my Sig- RESOLUTION REACHED!
Scottsdale Gun Club..UPDATE- They banned me over this thread

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

I've been a member there for a year, shoot there once a week, but have never had any smith work.

I've bought twice and transfered once from there without issue---prices I paid were run-of-the-mill.

I will definitely think twice before I have them do work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

I've been a member there for a year, shoot there once a week, but have never had any smith work.

I've bought twice and transfered once from there without issue---prices I paid were run-of-the-mill.

I will definitely think twice before I have them do work.
Yeah, I'm not saying they totally suck or anything just that they definately have some issues. I have definately found shops that treat me good so with the treatment they have given to some members I have no need to visit their shop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Contact Charles at JARHEAD GUNSMITHING 520-326-1294 Leave message'Sorry I didnt see your post sooner.charles is a great smith .:80:

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I think $152 for a set of night sights is a little steem I can get Tri 's installed for $100. That has been the price, the gunsmith has always charged me. TJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
ouch, sorry to hear that. I had Weapon Works 19th & Glendale install my TFO's on my Usp .40 and they did a great job, and $30 was all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So where is the best place to get sights put on my HK P2000 in Tucson?

Got any Border patrol friends??

If I had known earlier about your post I could have done it. We have the tools. But I am no longer in that area and doing the firearms gig. I'm in Yuma and maybe I can get someone to do it. And I mean as someone in firearms, HK certified armorer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to hear that .But if you need a good smith in Tucson contact Charles at520-326-1294 takes a little longer,price is right and fair.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts