HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: H&K • P2000SK Vs. USP Compact

hayseed_40:

If you already carry the USPC or P-2000 it is a natural backup since it can use the same magazines, has same trigger (if LEM), and same magazine release.

Not overlooking the subcompact Walther- it is about time someone followed Glock's lead. Sig really needs a subcompact that is a double stack. The Sig 239 just doesn't cut it in my book.

Yeah, it is wider than a Kahr, but holds more rounds and (I think) is shorter than the K-40. When carrying belt slide or IWB, height is just as important as width. I am seriously considering trading my PM-9 towards a P-2000SK.

I see less reason for the Sig 239 than I do the P-2000 SK.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Good points - the P239 is almost a perfect BUG. It would be nice if it held a few more rounds though.

I was excited for the SK to come out, but when it did there was just something missing. The Kahrs have it beat in all areas except capacity. I like the MK40. Considerably more narrow and a 3.09" barrel. Fits in the pocket if needed.

My point of reference is using the SK as a BUG. Is there anybody who uses it as a primary?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

I do not understand the P2kSK. It is not small and it has a short barrel for its size. Why not just get a Kahr and you would have a pocket sized pistol with a longer barrel? Someone who owns one, please set me straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

My $.02

Well, I can finally chime in on this thread since I bought a P2000 SK yesterday and did some shooting with it today. I currently own or have owned USPc's in 9, .357, and .45, a P2K 9mm, the P2000 SK in 9, and a Kahr T9 (and have shot others extensively).

I'm actually going through the same thing where I am trying to decide what I want to use for carry. With my build, if I carry a thicker gun, it looks like I have a massive tumorous growth coming off my hip if I am just wearing a shirt over the gun, hence in those situations, usually the Kahr because it is thinner. The T9 is a bit long in the grip and I don't like the weight distribution given the steel frame for the way I carry and will probably get a PM9 for when I carry the Kahr. I honestly don't think the SK can replace the Kahr for certain modes of carry that I like. Will get another P7 one day for range use, but the grip is just a little too blocky for my liking and I don't feel like waiting for months to get quality custom holsters for it.

At the other end of the spectrum, if I can wear a leather jacket, I carry the USPc 45 in standard strong side OWB holster or in a IWB if I'm wearing a shorter jacket. It is bar-none my favorite for carry, and converted to V9 so there is no possiblity of an accidental decock when bringing it off safe. As others have said, bringing the gun off safe is just part of the draw and manipulation of it has become 2nd nature.

The P2K just didn't do it for me and I do prefer C&L over the LEM trigger and the P2K is about the same size as a regular USPc. However, the SK is attractive because of the smaller size. The space b/w the floorplate extension and frame does pinch my pinky a bit, and I do want to try it with a flush floorplate. The hard rubber can snag more easily on some materials, so I'll probably just use regular USPc 9 mags as spares . . . if it has gotten to the point where I need a spare mag, concealability and comfort of the grip probably aren't going to be my immediate priorities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've always loved the HK mag releases on the P7 and USP series, as well as the slide stop compared to all other guns, including the Kahr. The SK is faster back on target and has larger, clearer sights to me than the Kahr as well. The Kahr does have a longer trigger reset which for me makes for slower followup shots, but, it is thin and light (at least the PM9 is light). I've had malfunctions (rare, but they have happened) with the Kahr's I've owned. Never with a HK.

Sooooo, I guess the SK for me, fills the gap b/w the Kahr and USPc 45. Still trying to figure out if I like the SK enough and if it gives enough additional options to warrant getting used to the LEM and keeping this gun. Don't get me wrong, it is easy enough to shoot well with the LEM trigger if you are used to other triggers, I just want to shoot it as well and as quickly as I do with my other guns. Probably will know in a few weeks if I will end up keeping the SK.

Oh yeah, some standard lights like the SF X200 do not fit on the abbreviated SK rail.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

OK time for me to chime back in...

Went to my local range which has the most HK for rent, dont care for the range but since they have the HK line I had to go there over my normal shooting haunt.

I went there wanting to shoot the P2000, P2000SK and USP C.

They did not have a P2000 for rent but they had the SK (I thought they wouldnt have the SK as its new and wasnt sure if theyd have the P2000)

Anyway I am sticking with 9 mm
I just hear too many stories about 40 going KB (of course never in an HK) and I just dont want to mess with that hot of a round in that think of a cart. and 45 just doesnt fit my hands well (I wish it did)

Regardless thats not the point.

P2000 SK TOO DAMN SMALL! I have small hands thin fingers so I can handle the baby glocks with the finger extension (I dont like them though) so I though the 2000 SK would work for me but it just did not feel well at all! I was hanging off it and did not like it.

USP C IT WAS GREAT in my hands!!! Shot great what more can I say.

P2000 I could not shoot on there, but I was able to handle on in the case and it really felt great in my hands...

So great when I was looking around on the web just price browsing I found a store with the 04 P2000 9 mm LEM NIB with 2 HK Hi Caps shipped for 700...
I could not resist and I bought it... I think that was a pretty good price wasnt it?

Someday I may buy a 2000 SK just to have it for the collection but there are a few pieces in front of it including 4 more P7's

Yes I still have and love my P7 but I just dont like it as a CCW piece for me. Its too heavy and just doesnt print well on me with the way I dress.

·
Registered
39 Posts

How is the accurancy of the P2000SK compared to the USP Compact?

I want to purchase the P2000SK 9mm and this will be my first H&K. Can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

The USP C is going to me more accurate, it has more of a barrel to it...

I THINK the P2000SK will be quicker for follow up shots as I think the system they have in there has less of a recoil.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

IMO the accuracy limitation is going to lay with the shooter. I believe both pistols will out-shoot most shooter's ability to shoot with them. Of course, the longer the sight radius the easier it is to shoot more accurately but inherent accuracy differences between the USPC and the P2K I don't think you will find any.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, the longer the sight radius the easier it is to shoot more accurately but inherent accuracy differences between the USPC and the P2K I don't think you will find any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week USPc 9mm owner shooting next to me wanted to try my P2000SK on 15m distance. He was actually more accurate with my P2000SK than with his own USPc. On 15m I'm equally accurate with my P2000 and P2000SK.

On other hand P2000 and USPc have almost same barrel and sight line lenghts, same recoil system so no big differences here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have both a pair of USPc's V1's(9mm and 45acp) and I also have a P2000SK V3 in 40. I like all three. My hands aren't overly large but they aren't small either. I wear a size 9 glove. I can handle the P2SK with or without the X-grip and it feels OK either way. I like the USPc's with the flat mag floorplate when carrying but when shooting I don't care. A shop I deal with has a near new P2000 in 9mm and it feels OK to me and it is slightly smaller than the the USPc's in grip, though the mags are identical. Perhaps it's the changable grips, I don't know. If you are looking for a screaming bargain on a straight P2000 in 9mm, send me a PM or Email and I'll pass their info on to you. It's priced at $450 which I think is rediculously low. Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all,

I am a sub/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifnewbie in that I don't yet own a firearm, but I will probably buy a USPC9, unless a P2000SK9 with trigger system like USP version 1 (safety and decock) hits the market.

I quote from http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/handguns/p2000sub.html
"For shooters that prefer a conventional double-action/single-action pistol, a special DA/SA variant is planned with a decock button mounted on the rear of the frame."

I can't understand if it will also have a safety lever, or will "decock" act as "safe" (though it is not the same thing, safe means you can't pull the trigger at all).

I notice that most new handguns (like the glocks mentioned in a previous post) are DAO. Is this the wave of the future? Has SA become "conventional"? I think SA is much better both for safety and for aiming reasons.
You are making too many assumptions.

Go to HK Germany site here: http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.php...lQ29udGVudCZjSUQ9MjEmbWFpbklEPTQmc3ViSUQ9MjE=

You can get the P2000 and P2000sk with several different "variants."

I have the P2000 Variant 3. The decocking lever is on the rear of the gun. If the gun is cocked, it is in SA mode. If you decock using the rear decocking lever, it will be in DA mode.

http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.php...xNiZ0eXBlSUQ9MTkyNSZtYWluSUQ9NCZzdWJJRD0yMQ==

Don't make assumptions. An HK is totally different from a Glock. Glocks have zero safeties and has zero decockers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have both pistols in 9mm. The p2000sk is easier to conceal then the uspc, but thats not to say the uspc is hard to conceal. The p2000sk is just shorter in the grip and seems slightly slimmer in the slide Just do yourself a favor and get yourself a good holster and belt it can make all the differance when ccw Try FIST HOLSTERS THEY MAKE EXCELLENT CUSTOM HOLSTERS AND WAIT TIME CURRENTLY IS ABOUT 4 WEEKS! Some of the generic holsters such as hume ,bianchi, etc... do the job but the leather is a little flimsy, IMHO

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bianchi has made some great holsters for me. I just have the wet molded Model 82 and 83 for my GLOCK 17 though.

I use a Desantis thumb break scabard for my Heckler & Koch USPc .45 AUTO

But here in IL we dont have CCPs so I dont normally wear a holster.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have both USP-C & P2SK but in 40SW.

The P2SK is easier to conceal, in part due to the shorter grip. The recoil is 'snappier' in the P2SK, but double taps are not that difficult.

I have a MS VMII for the P2SK and a MaxCon V on order for the USP-C. I'd imagine either will be fine-but the MaxCon V is thinner.

Solution? Buy both-let your creditors decide!:2100000:

·
Registered
55 Posts
i owned a P2000 V2, and traded it in for a USPc 9mm. i personally like the SA/DA trigger over the LEM trigger. i have always liked having a safety on my gun, i feel like i can turn off the gun. i dont like how the P2000 is always cocked and ready to fire, (feel the springs are always under tension and will be worn out quicker), the gun is a "better made Glock". you have to get used to the trigger, unlike the SA/DA system. and for those that say the P2000 is safer cause of the trigger (being harder and longer to pull), i just carry my USPc with the hammer down, and if i had to shoot, would use a DA pull. but the P2000 is the better looking gun, and its not a bad gun, i liked the feel of my old P2000, i felt i could point better with it, but i just liked the safety, decocker, and SA/DA trigger, but thats me. just dont get a beretta, or glock for carry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Almost everything you said in general about the P2000 is incorrect, or you bought the wrong configuration.

H&K P2000 V3 DA/SA with rear decocker:

The above is not a LEM.

The decocker is left of the hammer in the left photo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK time for me to chime back in...

P2000 SK TOO DAMN SMALL! I have small hands thin fingers so I can handle the baby glocks with the finger extension (I dont like them though) so I though the 2000 SK would work for me but it just did not feel well at all! I was hanging off it and did not like it.

"That DAMN compact gun is too DAMN compact!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a G23, P228, and now a P2K .40 w/decocker. The P2K is very manageable and my P228 actually kick a little bit more with +p. The doubletab on my P2K is right on the mark w/practice of course. The pinky rest was uncomfortable at first but it's starting to grow on me. It's a very solid little gun. It's the whole package for me and I am loving it. I ordered a base floor plate for the magazine to see if the flush magazine will make the grip more comfortable. Other than that, I am very happy with the quality, reliability, accuracy, and power of this gun. It suited my needs as a whole. I had it in my front shorts pocket and my wife couldn't tell I was carrying a gun until I pointed it out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
if you are looking for a gun to ccw then the smaller gun is going to be the easiest to conceal. my 5 shot revolver sw 442 fits in the palm of my hand or in my front pocket but it only carries 5 shots so i only carry it as a last resort when off duty and as a bug when on duty. mostly i carry my p2ksk b/c it is so small and still holds 9+1. I could carry my glock 23 but it is larger so why carry the extra weight and size when i dont have to.

i suggest get the uspc and the p2ksk and then you have the option to carry either one depending on what you are wearing/doing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I prefer the 2000. It is big enough to grab in a hurry and small enough to conceal and shoots like a house on fire for me at least (LEM). The SK is just too small for me to get a good grip on in a hurry and the USPc is not the equal of the 2000 in accuracy from the holster in my opinion although it IS a great pistol. JMO

·
Registered
87 Posts
The decocker is left of the hammer in the left photo.

I have a USPc 40 and was thinking of getting a P2000v3, but the decocker design & location is insane and crazy. And, no safety like that of USP?

HK screwed up. I wanted a P2000 with a traditional looking decocker/safety lever!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a USPc 40 and was thinking of getting a P2000v3, but the decocker design & location is insane and crazy. And, no safety like that of USP?

HK screwed up. I wanted a P2000 with a traditional looking decocker/safety lever!

You can't be serious. These guns are nearly identical. You want a traditional decocker/safety? Keep you usp compact.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts