HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I have a USPc 40 and was thinking of getting a P2000v3, but the decocker design & location is insane and crazy.
With use, this is best de-cocker on any gun I tried. Design and location are perfect. No problems with accidental de-cocking while shooting, easy accesible for bouth left handed and right handed.

But if you prefer traditional style safety and de-cocker stay with USPc. But you may consider traditional style safety with all good sides of P2000 de-cocker: P30S/P30LS in V3.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I see someone woke up a 4 year old thread! :wink:

If you want DA/SA you need a decocker. Not sure why you'd insist on the "traditional looking" version. Decocking is not a critical skill so placement of the lever can be anywhere.

But as noted the USP and P2000 pistols are literally the same size and really only differ in the grip area. I'm perfectly happy with my USP9C's grip but prefer the flatter grip of the HK45C (the .45ACP P2000 by any other name) to the USP45C.

No lever on any of my HK pistols. All three are LEM.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Opps.... I didn't relalize this is zombie!!! .... where is my shotgun!!!!????? :O

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I see someone woke up a 4 year old thread! :wink:

If you want DA/SA you need a decocker. Not sure why you'd insist on the "traditional looking" version. Decocking is not a critical skill so placement of the lever can be anywhere.

But as noted the USP and P2000 pistols are literally the same size and really only differ in the grip area. I'm perfectly happy with my USP9C's grip but prefer the flatter grip of the HK45C (the .45ACP P2000 by any other name) to the USP45C.

No lever on any of my HK pistols. All three are LEM.

-- Chuck
Why do you need a decocker for DA/SA? My HK 45 does not have decocker. I don't need it.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I have a USPc 40 and was thinking of getting a P2000v3, but the decocker design & location is insane and crazy. And, no safety like that of USP?

HK screwed up. I wanted a P2000 with a traditional looking decocker/safety lever!
Heh.. 6 year old thread sweet.

HK didn't screw up just because you don't like it... I love the decocker location on my sk(V3) no safety is what I prefer for carry, one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have a USPc 40 and was thinking of getting a P2000v3, but the decocker design & location is insane and crazy. And, no safety like that of USP?

HK screwed up. I wanted a P2000 with a traditional looking decocker/safety lever!
You have the right to an opinion but I would think that you are in the minority. I'm an LEM guy but as far as V3 goes I think it's great as do most people based on it's proven popularity. As stated before, if you don't like the way it's designed then the simplest solution would be to stick with the USPc setup that you already like. I would bet that a little hands on experience with it and you would have a different opinion of it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When you rack the slide and chamber a round... thats why you need a decocker. V3 is DA first pull and SA on the rest remember? :)
It could be a V9. That would probably explain it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Yep, I thought of that after I posted.. :p
It took me a minute too. While this is an option for the HK45 it's not for the P2000.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
AHH ZOMBIE! Kill it kill it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks amstaff. I thinking about getting a 2000sk, but worried about the grip length. Guess I need to go to the gun store and hold one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Grip length in relation to concealment is why my USPc is long gone, but my SK will be around for a while. Some folks can't get comfortable shooting without a full grip, but I have no problem with it. The Pearce pinky extension for a G26 is adaptable to the SK mags for those wanting more support. It makes the grip vastly superior to the cramped factory pinky rest. Personally, I prefer the flat baseplate in my SK for better concealment, with a 15-round P30 mag on the hip for back-up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks amstaff. I thinking about getting a 2000sk, but worried about the grip length. Guess I need to go to the gun store and hold one.
I had the same concern before I purchased...
I found the SK fit my size XL hands PERFECTLY, using the size "L" back strap.
My pinky presses firmly against the curve in the magazine's finger extension.
No wiggle room, but not too tight. Like it was custom fit for me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Me also if i can ever find one. My hand's are xl or i would just order a 9mm, thank's amstaff for your time...

41 - 60 of 63 Posts