HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a neighbor's H&K 4. I know virtually nothing about it save Wikpedia's input. They sure are not plentiful. Anyone familiar with them and why so few available?
tx, tom

·
2,832 Posts
neat gun, best set up is 32 with a 22 cal kit.

there are always some for sale at GB, as well as here quite often. Prices range from $350-over 1K

any specific questions?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks, guys. It's a 32 cal. One mag. but box with papers. Unfortunately, there is a small chip by the extractor that keeps the shells from feeding well. Because it is part of the frame, I am told that it negates 60% of the value. My hometown dealer said I might take a long shot and see if H&K could do anything about it.
tom

·
2,832 Posts
HK wont touch the HK4 anymore from what I know, but a phone call never hurts

bummer its the frame, sure its not the barrel? if barrel that you can track down

Wow, thanks, guys. It's a 32 cal. One mag. but box with papers. Unfortunately, there is a small chip by the extractor that keeps the shells from feeding well. Because it is part of the frame, I am told that it negates 60% of the value. My hometown dealer said I might take a long shot and see if H&K could do anything about it.
tom

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just bought one. My Grandfather used to have one and I love the gun so I just had to find one for myself. it was the first gun HK made. They stopped making them 20 yeas ago.

Some parts are hard to come by but it looks like these folks have the extractor in stock. Also check the buffer, as I'm told these are sometimes cracked or worn out. It can cause other damage if you keep shooting one when the buffer is bad. It's a $5.00 part and in stock as well, and easy to change out.

http://e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1570zHK4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts