HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a '94 at a gun shop. Asking $4399.00 but says he'll take $4299.00.

Checking the Blue Book for 100% (it's not) he seems to be at least $700 to $1000 high.

Any thoughts on this? It seems to be clean wiyh a little wear on the RCVR but not worn shiny.

It's a lot of money and no guarrenty (sp) that it couldn't get banned after 08.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
The ban means no more would be produced or imported. If you already have one they couldn't take it from you under the proposed legislation

·
Registered
43 Posts
There were a lot of DOJ guns from CA that sold not long ago for around $2,500 - $2,800. If this is one of those guns, then that is a really bad price. NIB, it would be closer to accurate. If you look around, I bet you can find one in the low $3k range.

~David

·
Registered
34 Posts
That seems pricey, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.If someone decides to try and sell one for $1,000,000 and somebody buys it I guess that's what it was worth to him. On that note is it worth $4300 to me?...no. But it's your decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BTW this gun was already "banned" in 1988. Meaning no more were allowed to be imported after that date anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very doubtful there will ever be any more of these produced. As said above Bush the Elder banned them in '88 and there will be no more imported. My Wife liked the MP5 she shot this last summer but isn't really impressed with full auto, as she says " only hits count" Have never considered spending this much on a single firearm. Prices can only go up but "they" could ban this completly. "Grandfathering" is not guarantied! Then you would have to add the cost of the backhoe to the price.

Don't know what else is included ie box, orig papers and mags but that won't make a lot of difference.

Will consider your thoughts, finances and how badly we want it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have seen a few on GB.com and one in particular was from AZ with a hard case, several mags & mag clamp, A2 & A3 stock with laser for 3995.00

I have seen a few there now, so do your homework first. Good Luck !

·
Registered
779 Posts
A good deal is one in which the seller and buyer both walk away happy. Like other posts said, you need to ask yourself if it's worth it. I had paid $4000 for mine but it was also new, unfired in the box, cosmoline grease still sticky over everything, and the selector had never been moved or mag installed. The price was worth it to me especially since I wanted one it that fine of shape anyhow.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A good deal is one in which the seller and buyer both walk away happy. Like other posts said, you need to ask yourself if it's worth it. I had paid $4000 for mine but it was also new, unfired in the box, cosmoline grease still sticky over everything, and the selector had never been moved or mag installed. The price was worth it to me especially since I wanted one it that fine of shape anyhow.
That sounds awsome and would warrant that type of price IMO. I would of bought it myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Prices can only go up but "they" could ban this completly. "Grandfathering" is not guarantied! Then you would have to add the cost of the backhoe to the price.

Doubtful that many would just hand them over without giving "them" the bullets first ;) Have you considered a clone? The quality is getting quite good I hear. And the price is considerably more affordable ($1200-$1500). If you are in a position to buy a real one I would shop a bit more. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts

Checking the Blue Book for 100% (it's not) he seems to be at least $700 to $1000 high.

Any thoughts on this? It seems to be clean wiyh a little wear on the RCVR but not worn shiny.

It's a lot of money and no guarrenty (sp) that it couldn't get banned after 08.
A lot of whether it's a good deal or not depends on your intended use. Are you wanting one to convert to an MP5, with or without a sear? If so, that would not be a good price, since the conversoin process can make even a beat up one look and function brand new. Are you going to shoot it at all? If so, I still wouldn't spend the extra money for a like new one that you're just going to turn into a shooter.

But unless it was literally brand new in the box, I wouldn't go over $3500 for one, and have seen them recently in probably about the same condition as the one you are looking at for $3300.

Look around on here, sturmgewehr, gunbroker, and even guns america for several weeks to get a feel for current market pricing. Be patient, and you can probably save yourself $1,000 or so, which is enough to convert it into an MP5 (sans sear, of course) if you so desire.

·
Registered
195 Posts
He's really high.

I see them in Seattle for sale for ~$4400, but they never sell.

There are still alot of DoJ 94's around. Buy one of them and shoot it.
My 94 drops $100 everytime I take if out of the case. It had 100rds thru it before I got it. I feel bad for its resale- but I really, really love my HK's. and figured they were made for ME to enjoy- who cares about the other guy?! It was worth the price I paid, to ME. Im sure it will go up in value, and be worth a car in 20 years. even after I enjoy it. Its like a premium sports car. Just maintain it and clean it.

Some of those CDNN DoJ rifle I got in for customers of mine (when I sold HK's) where dirty poorly refurb'd - so be picky, get a three day inspection, pay for shipping insurance and a quality hard case, ship it too the seller BEFORE the transaction, (.... nice cases at Cabellas.com...ect...) and get a HK or police armorer to give it a inspection, then call back the seller and talk to him for a bit over the phone, not just emails. Remember, you both love MP5's. And Winchester white box 9mm is cheap. Go shoot it! Go show it off :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That price sounds pretty high in a soft market. If there were ban scares and buying frenzies going on he could probably get his price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts