HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
h&k case 014.jpg h&k case 007.jpg h&k case 014.jpg h&k case 003.jpg h&k case 005.jpg Hi.

Been around this forum for some time now but never taken part in any threads. As I live in Europe its hard to get hold of spare parts for mp5s. Does someone here know a good source for that in Europe?

My next question is about my H&K operational briefcase(2nd Gen) I´m about to sell. It once belonged to a German SEK(Special police unit) before I got hold of it. I´m selling it to get money for my new H&K project:wink: that is getting a bit to expensive. I suppose there are no problems exporting it to the US as it does´t count as a firearm? But were to sell it? I do have an account on Gun Broker but is that the right place?

Any suggestions appreciated.
/Fred

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/85552-help-iding-hk-mp5k-briefcase-pic-size-warning.html
h&k case 004.jpg

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The case itself is unregulated in the states. Problems arise if you have the case and a mp5k/sp-89 that are not registered as AOW'stogether. That's how I understood things at least.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,766 Posts
@Gun is right. That said, there are issues with importing gun parts to the US above a certain dollar value ($100?). Not sure anyone would quickly recognize that as a gun part, though...

·
Maximum effort
817 Posts
Why would that model case with an SP89 be an AOW? It can't be fired from inside.

That is just a carry case.

You never know with the BATF though; I'm sure it's simply too cool to be legal...

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
If that's a standard STANAG mount, I would just remove it and sell the case. Without the mount, I see no way of calling the case, gun parts. I would "think" that would take care of import issues.

·
Banned
599 Posts
iam from europe the Netherlands and although the balkan is in our backyard in my country everything is regulated and law only allows certain firearms to be owned by cilvians if they are members of a shootingrange etc.all parts are regulated by law not just the receiver.,now sweden is not the netherlands but I really would look into the legality of what you are planning todo

·
Banned
599 Posts
If Clausewitz is from germany i dont believe he can not own it either ,if he has a red liscense maby. and is expert otherwise if he would be a collector with red liscence they resticted to a theme..and i dont think samsonite briefcases as theme will fly,

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's pretty cool. As suggested, I'd send it over in two parts. One, just a briefcase (without the handle) so that its just a plain generic briefcase. Shouldn't be any hassles at customs.
Then'd id ship the handle separately and just call it a scope mount or something.
Definitely not an NFA item, there's no mechanism to fire the device while its sitting inside. All it is a gun case with a quick opening mechanism.
Crap, now i'm tempted to buy it cause I just picked up an MKE 94k and just got an AOW stamp for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As to answer some questions I have received through Pm:s and in the thread.

As concerning laws in Sweden just certain parts of firearms demand license to own or to trade. Those parts are listed and are generally vital parts like barrel and receiver. So in Sweden this is basically just a gun case.
I think our laws are a bit more forgiving than the laws in Holland, after all the MKE is mine ;-). About German law I think that most items are free (yet) except barrel and bolt-head.
Concerning export/import issues I think the discussion is on the right track. Shipping it in two parts like I`ve divided it in the new pictures. One package with just the case and the other one with the STANAG-mount for less than 100$.

I also got questions about the condition of the case.
It´s not new it´s been used a bit. I got no key because the locks are just dummy ones taken from the manufacturers other cases. The locking mechanism is all in the handle. And frankly i don´t think it´s a case to leave unattended ;-) anyway. One reason for this model of case being so rare except for low production numbers is that when racking out the gun, the shell of the case may hit the tarmac or a stone quite badly and get damaged. Another thing i that there are no hinges, the shell is casted as one piece so it is basically it´s own hinge. That means that it tends to wear out after some time. Mine has some wear but only on the outer surfaces, comprising less than maybe 10% of the full length of the hinge. I add some pictures of that to.
/fred

h&k case 015.jpg h&k case 016.jpg h&k case 012.jpg h&k case 013.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts