HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the original topic died out and any other seems too old to gather any interest. So, my apologies for posting again.

In short. I need ANY and ALL pictures of the K2 or "final model" of the G11. I cant find any decent pictures, only old low resolution pics google pic-search gives.
Any EXTERNAL dimensions of the gun would be great help. I cant find ANY other info apart from the lenght that is stated 750mm.

Second. A bit of an "embarassing" question but how does the magazine catch in the G11 work? There seems to be two levers of sorts on both sides of the front edge of the center body. I believe those are for the "spare mags" but how does the center magazine release? Wheres the button for it?

Third: Story goes about couple hundred of these guns still remain in existance. Collector pieces and museum pieces. Some i have heard are in military academies around the world. Does anyone know a collector or any instance that owns one of these guns?

Why all this? Im building a 3D model of the original gun and im planning on 3D printing it and turning it into an airsoft gun. This gun has been in my mind for maaaany years and with 3D printing its actually possible to make it happen, give it a chance to be in the field. There is only couple home-made G11 models as airsoft guns. Each quite neat but all a 'bit off' from the original. I was hoping to make the most accurate replica of it.

G11 - Copy (2).jpg
I have put hundreds of man-hours into this project and now i need your help one more time to finish it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Looks like the original topic died out and any other seems too old to gather any interest. So, my apologies for posting again.

In short. I need ANY and ALL pictures of the K2 or "final model" of the G11. I cant find any decent pictures, only old low resolution pics google pic-search gives.
Any EXTERNAL dimensions of the gun would be great help. I cant find ANY other info apart from the lenght that is stated 750mm.

Second. A bit of an "embarassing" question but how does the magazine catch in the G11 work? There seems to be two levers of sorts on both sides of the front edge of the center body. I believe those are for the "spare mags" but how does the center magazine release? Wheres the button for it?

Third: Story goes about couple hundred of these guns still remain in existance. Collector pieces and museum pieces. Some i have heard are in military academies around the world. Does anyone know a collector or any instance that owns one of these guns?

Why all this? Im building a 3D model of the original gun and im planning on 3D printing it and turning it into an airsoft gun. This gun has been in my mind for maaaany years and with 3D printing its actually possible to make it happen, give it a chance to be in the field. There is only couple home-made G11 models as airsoft guns. Each quite neat but all a 'bit off' from the original. I was hoping to make the most accurate replica of it.

View attachment 58281
I have put hundreds of man-hours into this project and now i need your help one more time to finish it.
Look at Marine0303's posts. He is selling literature on it. Not sure if it's still available. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
The K2 has three position for 45-rd magazines and each with its own catch. The center magazines is in the "live" position feeding rounds to the interior floating systems while it fires. The mag catch or release button is behind the optic sight on top of the butt stock under the black runner button. The outside positions are simply carrying positions for the relatively long magazines. Their catches are on the left and right sides of the "center part" forward of the optical sight.

Sign up and come to the Day with HK and you can get all the info, photos and dimensions you want on the K2, and speak with experts on the gun. Spots are still open but will go fast.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/...day-hk-benefitting-boulder-crest-retreat.html

G3Kurz

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
The K2 has three position for 45-rd magazines and each with its own catch. The center magazines is in the "live" position feeding rounds to the interior floating systems while it fires. The mag catch or release button is behind the optic sight on top of the butt stock under the black runner button. The outside positions are simply carrying positions for the relatively long magazines. Their catches are on the left and right sides of the "center part" forward of the optical sight.

Sign up and come to the Day with HK and you can get all the info, photos and dimensions you want on the K2, and speak with experts on the gun. Spots are still open but will go fast.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/...day-hk-benefitting-boulder-crest-retreat.html

G3Kurz
So we can bring a 3D scanner this year? Great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This Project it is extremely interesting.
Do you still work on this project?

I can help you.
Project is still going. More so since gloooorious gun-jesus released his video on the gun.

I've added more details to the exterior and modified the internals to accept a different gearbox then initially i intended. I've also tested some of the electronics involved in a different setup.

If you have the exterior measurements of the gun, all welcome. I mostly need EXACT measurements of the body-parts. How tall, how wide in each point and where the angle starts, etc.

Has anyone seen the original blueprints? I tried contacting H&K rep in facebook but theres no actual way to send em a PM via FB

EDIT: i should be able to make some exterior "props" for people who want this in their man-cave.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
You did notice that your first link has the same handle as the OP (swatti), so this is likely his own rendering?
Nope! But good call :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jeah, that rendering would be mine. That site is one of the few where one cant extract the actual model from the preview.

If i got all the measurements, i could build the prop-guns for anyone who wants one. The prop is quite easy to build since the externals are all polymer.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Will those props be one solid block or more like a shell like the original, including three parts (foregrip, ‘Butt Stock’ and center housing/grip/optic)?

Shipping to somewhere outside of the US?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Props would be handguard, center body, rear body buttplate and "scope"
I'l do a separate set of "small details" like the charging wheel and so on. No glue needed but might come in handy.

I should be able to make em so its easy to assemble. Due to printer-related stuff its best to print a "separate" buttplate. Scope will also just be an empty tube.

I'm making these in Finland ^^
And i'm happy to ship anywhere.

---------------------------------------------

Anyone able to go to the H&K meet? Sadly i cant really travel. Anyone able to get me those holy measurements shall be rewarded! *hic*

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope the topic is still alive. I would like to see some photos of the work process. I also found a video of a Korean friend who made a working airsoft model (is.gd/YtXpA2). However, I asked him on Facebook to send 3D files to the email, but he doesn’t want to share them ((As soon as you finish working on the model, I’m ready to buy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope the topic is still alive. I would like to see some photos of the work process. I also found a video of a Korean friend who made a working airsoft model (is.gd/YtXpA2). However, I asked him on Facebook to send 3D files to the email, but he doesn’t want to share them ((As soon as you finish working on the model, I’m ready to buy it.
Still going. Sadly not much change or progress on the "gun itself" BUT i created a easier-to-build project-gun i'l be using as a test platform for the tech i'l be using in the G11. Its much smaller so its easier to re-print if messed up.
I should be able to print the G11 but my current printer cant really make it as good as it should be. I am hoping to start building a new rig before 2020 that can handle more larger gun-parts like bodies etc in one single print.

Currently i'm finalizing a all-out custom gearbox. Its based on an ICS v2 split box upper and 3D printed lower. Even more compact then the P90 gearbox and has some room for electronics needed to track the piston location... Precocking, slow full-auto rof and hyper-fast burst.

I also prototyped the grip-area a bit. Sadly no pics. The grip is rather thin and thus prone to snapping, printing it in different angle would make it harder to print at good quality. Solution; insert an alu-pipe into the grip as reinforcement. This pipe will also house a spring that is connected to the fire-selector. Kinda hard to explain, the spring is quite large and it gives the selector very nice and smooth but stiff feeling for each position. Also wear-resistant. Imma sucker for details.

Now, as for selling this. There will be two ways. Maaaaybe three.
One: I could license the model/files to a manufacturer, i'd get a cut for each gun made/sold. Unlikely, and i i have quite brutal quality terms.
Two: I make em, one by one, by hand, and i am a perfectionist. It will be pricey but you get perfection.
Three: "A prop" for your man-cave. Affordable, looks good, wont fire anything. Kinda dislike the idea, this thing has spent enough time in a wall.

As H&K rights are held by the most hated name in airsoft its unlikely this would be any interest to any "big name" as the rights-holder makes most of their revanue via lawsuits.
Number two will sadly reach pretty big price as there is LOT of things i need to do by hand and the print itself is aprox ~2 days alone.

PS: I think i saw the korean build, VERY impressive. The blowback system seems interesting. Sadly mine wont have such because i want the burst to be fast, blowback able to withstand that would complicate things waaay too much.

PSS: If anyone gets their hands on a display-prop of the real deal or manages to sneak in the holy "grey room" with measuring tools, get some external measurements of the parts. Least i can do is promise a free prop-model. Been trying to contact H&K about this but cant find anyone in charge (of anything) to talk to.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Thanks for continuing to work on this.

I can see where an airsofter would hate the non-functional wall hanger idea. However I think a lot of us, myself included, would love it. That is just what I'm looking for. I have a display StG 44 that I love messing around with. Also a Thompson, but its mostly actual parts. Guns I like but have no interest in making a significant investment in, like the G11.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts