HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks. Found it cheap enough, and I believe the widest diameter being jacketed, it'd be ok. But assumptions are the mother of all f"ups.
Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't have any info on the ammo, other than a quick web search shows Monarch appears to be Russian made at the Bernaul Plant for Academy. Reviews were, uh, mixed.

I guess I would ask, given there are so many other proven and vetted Self Defense ammo choices out there on Doc's list, why exactly would you use this in your pistol anyway? But anyway, given the terms of use of the site, I don't want to get into a general discussion, so I will only say, in my opinion, no, I personally would not use it in my HK, for the reasons I mentioned. YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
Ya, I don't see it unseating critical defense, or hi shock ammo for me. But at ball ammo prices, it caught my attention.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks.
Ya, I don't see it unseating critical defense, or hi shock ammo for me. But at ball ammo prices, it caught my attention.
FYI. Most guys would tell you to steer clear of Hornady in your HK as well. I don't have personal experience, just something I've observed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Would this type ammunition be bad to use in heckler and koch pistols?
I'm curious about the exposed lead outside the jacket. .
I know lead is bad ..
I shot some of this stuff as target ammo and seems to run fine through my HK USP45f. I have +p HST for SD though. As for fouling the polygonal barreling I haven't seen it, but I cleaned it after 150 rounds of the stuff. It's on sale at academy for $14.99/50 online so I ordered 40 boxes for plinking the other day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shot some of this stuff as target ammo and seems to run fine through my HK USP45f. I have +p HST for SD though. As for fouling the polygonal barreling I haven't seen it, but I cleaned it after 150 rounds of the stuff. It's on sale at academy for $14.99/50 online so I ordered 40 boxes for plinking the other day.
Thanks! That's where I found it, sounds like you have no problems using it.. I really appreciate the info.I

·
Registered
332 Posts
don't have any experience with monarch 45 acp . have pick up couple hundred range rounds of 158 gr. for my m36 (BUG) snub nose revolver . this brand is exclusively made and sold by academy sport . i think it's made in russia at the PPU plant . i've never had any ftf, but its fifty ammo . i buy 75% of my ammo online, in between orders retail stores . if you're looking for cheap range ammo china-mart sales perfecta which is made by fiocchi ammo, bout $14 for a box of 50 45 acp FMJ/RN . if you like cleaning your weapon go for it, its cheap range and plinking ammo .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts