HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few 6 quiz questions?

Thanks for your help.

Note #7. What catches the hammer to hold it rearward when the action cycles in semi auto mode?
a) The trigger bar
b) The trigger nose (front upper portion of the trigger)
c) A shelf that is machined into the inner right side of the receiver
d) The sear

Note #8. The safety selector blocks the tail of the trigger when in the safe position. True or False.
a) True
b) False

Note #9. How many notches does the hammer in the full auto trigger pack have in it?
a) One notch
b) Two notches
c) Three notches

Note #10. When the selector is in full auto mode, it allows the tail of the trigger to move ...
a) Lower so that the hammer can't engage and be caught by the trigger tail.
b) Higher, which in turn raises the trigger bar high enough to catch the hammer when the trigger is released.
c) Higher, thus moving the sear low enough so that it does not catch the hammer.
d) Rearward, thus preventing it from engaging the hammer notch.

Note #11. The MP5 is hammer fired, so when the gun is in full auto mode and the trigger is pulled rearward, the sear is not engaging the notch in the hammer. What holds the hammer rearward (preventing hammer follow down)?
a) Nothing holds the hammer rearward and it must follow down in full auto mode. After the first shot, the gun fires from an open bolt. The hammer is what holds the firing pin forward, allowing enough positive protrusion to fire the gun.
b) The catch
c) The trigger tail
d) The trigger bar

Note #12. in a "Burst Pack", what prevents the counting wheel from rotating counterclockwise (back to its start point) during a three round burst?
a) The stop latch
b) The shifter rod
c) Eccentric bushing
d) Trigger nose

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,808 Posts
And just how does us giving you the answers help you learn? I'm not trying to be smarmy, but if you intend to hold yourself out as an MP5 gunsmith, you would be well advised to actually learn the stuff instead of focusing on passing grade on a test. I can pretty much get a passing grade on *any* multiple choice test. Doesn't mean I know squat about the subject matter.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most of these questions are pretty easy if you have a $69 surplus trigger pack in your hands, except the burst counter, and it would also answer the other questions you asked. Like SG, not trying to be a jerk, but get some hands on and figure it out...you'll be better off in your understanding as well as in your grade.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
And just how does us giving you the answers help you learn? I'm not trying to be smarmy, but if you intend to hold yourself out as an MP5 gunsmith, you would be well advised to actually learn the stuff instead of focusing on passing grade on a test. I can pretty much get a passing grade on *any* multiple choice test. Doesn't mean I know squat about the subject matter.
Man, I bet you reminded the teacher when they forgot to assign homework.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
LOL..seriously?

"Hi, I just joined here...will you guys do my homework for me"

Fun little quiz though. I got 'em all but the last one...I know jack about burst pack internals.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It's a trick question anyway. We all know hammers don't have notches, it's called a claw. You can't remove nails with an MP5, everyone knows that....

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Why do I look??

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Whew... that was close...

·
Registered
619 Posts
From member to missing in one thread...is that a record?! I wonder if he got the answers?:wink:

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
When reading the OP, I was wondering, "Why would someone ask this stuff instead of just going and figuring it out, as that would be a lot more memorable and informative than just knowing the answers?" I was really worried that someone would just answer the questions for him/her. But then I read on and was not disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Maybe HK is looking to see if this is an HK armorers brain dump.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
When reading the OP, I was wondering, "Why would someone ask this stuff instead of just going and figuring it out, as that would be a lot more memorable and informative than just knowing the answers?" I was really worried that someone would just answer the questions for him/her. But then I read on and was not disappointed.
+1
I want to do some gunsmithing but I don't want to take the #$%&^# apart to at least attempt to see how things function for myself???

Hell.. I once attempted to take apart and fix our grandfather clock. In the end, I had to call an expert for some tips and info on how to get the replacement part installed back in and sent it to him for final tuning anyway... but what the heck... I got to learn some neat stuff about clocks and I'm still married... What more could you ask for!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
A few weeks ago on another forum,if you substitute Beretta 92 (pretty sure that was it), the post is exactly the same.Odd.If it's self taught,who made the questions?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts