HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my P30 yesterday from EmanP on the boards and took it straight to the range, initial impressions were that the guns ergonomics are probably the best Ive felt, I used to own a M&P which was awesome, but I love being able to switch the side panels also. After the range I decided to go with the medium backstrap and small side panels, more of a 1911 grip with a humped MSH.

Trigger I thought was pretty good, very similar to the USPc 45 I had, if not a little bit better. Not as good as the Sigs/1911s Ive owned but good none the less.

I love the new design of the magazine release, much easier to hit it with my trigger finger than the USP which would mess my finger up pretty good by the end of the match, Ive messed around in some reloading drills and found it to be easier than any other gun Ive used.

I havent shot a handgun in a good 5-6 months so I had to shake some rust off when I got to the range and got a decent grouping towards the end of my session. Ran 200 rounds of WWB through it with zero malfunctions.

Now I just need another mag and a holster :D

7 yards, off hand, I would guess about 12-15 rounds.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the range report and congrats on picking up your new P30. Pretty nice shooting as well :).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice accuracy.

The HK pistols keep evolving... and it looks like the P30 is at the very edge of the pistol technology.

What state do you live? The original P30 mag hold 15 rounds in 9mm.

I used to be a die hard fan of Glock 19 and 23, but this P30 radically changed my mind.

I am impressed the way you mention about how comfortable it is to hold the grip, and the smooth pulling of the trigger.

Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put another 200 rounds through her again today, zero malfunctions and I was even showing a newbie how to shoot. I dunno if its just me getting used to the gun or what but the da and sa triggers have seemed to smooth out a bit, the SA breaks a bit cleaner IMO but it could just be me

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I dunno if its just me getting used to the gun or what but the da and sa triggers have seemed to smooth out a bit, the SA breaks a bit cleaner IMO but it could just be me
Both the DA and SA trigger feel as if they are getting better on mine as well. The more rounds I fire through the gun the better it gets.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Congrats on picking up what is in my opinion the best handgun on the market today. I LOVE mine even better than all the others put together. In fact I am trying to figure out which of the others I can live without and what would be a good price on them now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I may have to get one as well. I was not even thinking about until I took a lookie at the report. So, thanks you guys I gotta spend more money to get myself a Christmas present. Happy shooting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts