HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it!

I think I want one of the new P30Ls. Does anybody know what the barrel length is?

GHB

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I want to know also. It needs to be over 105mm (4.10 inches) in order to be allowed in canada, and im looking foreward to one!!!

SPECS! WE NEED SPECS! :p

·
Registered
518 Posts
Man I just saw this gun on the U.S. HK forums...all I can say is where and when can I get one. I don't like compacts very much and that is basically what has kept me away from the P2000 series and the P30. Since the Hk45 story broke, I have been hoping and wishing that they would make a 9mm version...as I already have enough 45's and want a 9mm for cheap shooting.

Since the barrel on the P30 is almost 4", I'm guessing that this version will be closer to the 4.5" mark considering it looks quite a bit longer, and 4.5 inches is use pretty common for full size Hk pistols.

I have been debating between a Glock 17, Sig 226, or PX4 Storm for so long now and haven't been able to deside...None have really stood out...until now, and it came by the way of my fav. German company Hk!

P.S. WE NEED MORE INFO!

·
Registered
381 Posts
What is the difference between the P30 and the P30L?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Definatly awesome :D

I just hope they'll get it into canada. Only problem i can foresee is them having to pin the mags to only fit 10 rounds... (yes our hell is still here) If nobody wants the honour of that, (and HK wont bother) then thats a pipe dream for me... have to settle for a USP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Barrel lenght

Did have the opportunity to check the P30 L at the IWA 2007 show, very nice balanced and the grip is awsome..
Anyway, the barrel length is increased 15 mm from it's original 98 mm. So it will be approx. 4.45".

Regards Peter

·
Registered
485 Posts
Now we're talking.....:D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the LEM would be a great competition gun!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the LEM would be a great competition gun!
Speaking of, has anyone seen a P30 with a safety lever yet? I haven't, but would expect that, given the modular nature of the USP series, a Var1-like config. will be available...

I've been set on a CZ SP-01 but will wait until this comes out to compare ergos. I really despise the tiny little safety on the CZ, though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. It is a very nice looking gun. I cannot wait to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Speaking of, has anyone seen a P30 with a safety lever yet? I haven't, but would expect that, given the modular nature of the USP series, a Var1-like config. will be available...

I've been set on a CZ SP-01 but will wait until this comes out to compare ergos. I really despise the tiny little safety on the CZ, though.
I wouldn't expect to see HK put a Safety/Decock lever on the P30. The P30 is more of a improved P2000, and the P2000 only has a Decocking button next to the hammer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I still like the looks of my USP 45C the best. What is the improvement HK has made in this one? I'm just getting back into handgunning and have not kept up with the major goings on in the business.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The P30 is to the P2000 what it was to the USP. It is an evolutionary upgrade. The P30 incorporates all the imporvements of the P2000 (ergos, replacable grip, std light rail) and adds further ergonomic upgrades with the replacable (and exclusive) replacable grip panels. There have also been improvements to the mag release--and this hopefully signals the death of polymer mags with HK pistols.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm kinda worry, does this mean that the full-size P30 will replace the USP series sometime in the future? Will HK discontinue the USP series to psuh the P30 line?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts