HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Just went to one of my LGS to look at a few H&K 9mm's - always loved the USP's, but doesn't quite fit to well in my hands. USPc was a tad bit short on the grip.

Anyhow, I was inquiring about the P30S as I would prefer a model with a Safety and was told I cannot get it here in CA? Is this true?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can get them through certain dealers as a "single shot exemption" and then convert them back once you take possession.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
the P30 or P30S is not on the roster of approved CA guns and can not be sold through a FFL except with certain exceptions. one is private party transfer, one is to a LEO. one is the single shot conversion. check out tablerockarms.com , RYan there can set you up with one. you will have to get 10 round mags too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get them through certain dealers as a "single shot exemption" and then convert them back once you take possession.
thanks for the clarification. Should of realized it would of been the same process when I wanted the SIG P226 MK25 that was on calguns a bit ago.

thanks!

Looking further into the thread - seems like Riflegear (Fountain Valley) is the closet to me. Anyone have experience with them? I am from the Orange County area and open to other suggestions.

the P30 or P30S is not on the roster of approved CA guns and can not be sold through a FFL except with certain exceptions. one is peivate party transfer, one is to a LEO. one is the single shot conversion. check out tablerockarms.com , RYan there can set you up with one. you will have to get 10 round mags too.
I will contact Table Rock Arms sometime this week. Thanks for passing along the contact info :)

---

Anyone here in CA own a P30/P30S, that has gone through the whole process and care to share their experiences?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It must really suck living in Cali. The p30 is definitely worth the red tape....good luck I hope you can snag one!
I'm starting to realize that, lol. :(

Majority of all my favorites are not on the approved list, go figured. Out of all the H&K 9mm that I have checked out (have experience with the USP, USPc), seems like the P30 is the best choice and it's the one I can't readily get, just my luck! Crossing my fingers and it's a learning experience for me as well.

·
Vendor
791 Posts
Looking further into the thread - seems like Riflegear (Fountain Valley) is the closet to me. Anyone have experience with them? I am from the Orange County area and open to other suggestions.

OC Armory in Laguna Hills is one you might check. I've shipped there a couple times.

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rifle gear is excellent - great customer service! I believe they are in the process of getting together the parts necessary to SSE certain handguns. OC Armory sometimes has HK's in stock. I've been in there several times and seen HK45's and 45c's in stock. Not sure about the P30. Might be worth a phone call. I got my P30 thru Table Rock Arms and had it sent to OC Armory.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I'm in the sunny OC as well and I must say a lot of shops around here are horrible. Bad customer service and overpriced selection... As far as SSE guns there is Direct Action Solutions close to San Diego. Direct Action Solutions | San Diego's Premier Gun Shop My favorite gun shop that will keep getting my business is Martin B. Retting in Culver City. Awesome staff, great selection, and they offer layaways (MR556 anyone?). California dealers need to understand that the customer should be treated with respect because the horrible service I've seen at some local shops is inexcusable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the help so far all.

Just contacted Table Rock Arms. Wish me luck! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Anyone have pictures to hold me down until then? LOL

Also, looking for the best sights and light as well. Preparing in advance before before I can get my hands on it as always.

So I'm open to suggestions gents and ladies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts