HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a question regarding an H&K P30 threaded barrel that I purchased from H&K parts. I noticed that the threaded barrel protector sits flush with the barrel itself. I was wondering if there are any threaded barrel protectors that are a little more "Chunky" or "Beefy". Something that is a little bigger and more substantial to grab on to. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I personally don't like the H&K factory thread protector for those reasons.

On all my threaded barrels I have Tornado Technologies thread protectors. Except for my MK23 which has a AAC thread protector since Tornado doesn't make one I could find.

Both are excellent. Another advantage is the ability to use an o-ring to prevent the thread protector from backing off.

Tornado Technologies - Home page

Welcome to Advanced Armament -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthony.L,

Thank you for your information. I will have to check with them to see what they offer. Can you explain more about the o-ring that you mentioned and if there is something offered for the P30.

Also for anyone else viewing this I would appreciate more input, opinions, and places to search regarding this topic.

Thanks Again,
Chris

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Can you explain more about the o-ring that you mentioned and if there is something offered for the P30.
The thread protector is machined with an area to place a o-ring, so when you tighten it up there is tension/drag keeping it from loosening up.

The o-ring goes where the red arrow is pointing. The HK factory thread protector does not have this o-ring area available. Only the aftermarket ones from AAC and Tornado. Which BTW, Tornado was the only one that shipped with the actual o-ring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anthony.L,

First I can't thank you enough for your quick responses. Do most aftermarket threat protectors have a space for the o-ring? If you have any other recommendations I would be happy to hear them. Anyone else viewing please feel free to chime in also.

Sincerely,
Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
FYI - since the HK o-rings are so expensive I have found places like the following - Specialty Seal - that have many of the same size o-rings for HK's for much cheaper. It is usually best to contact them first, then send them one each of the o-ring sizes you are trying to match (unless you know the exact size or model #) so they can get the size correct. They will then give you their model # on that size so you can reorder the correct size next time. I usually buy in bulk from them and divide up the o-rings amongst my friends that own HK's. The link to Specialty Seal is: Contact Us

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sunsandknivesuser,

Thank you for the additional information. Is there supposed to be on o-ring on the H&K Threaded Barrel? Or is this just about the thread protectors themselves?

Thank,
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts