HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new PO3SK on line, and picked it up yesterday. I cannot dis-assemble because the slide control appears to be frozen. There is no right to left movement in the slide control that I can detect. I have read & re-read the manual. Searched You Tube, and finally joined this forum. I have a 4lb hammer that no doubt will open the slide, but I'd rather do it the right way. Help, anyone?:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
The slide release lever does not come all the way out. Just a little then you can field strip the pistol. Assuming you think the slide lever needs to come off the frame

·
Registered
675 Posts
Make very sure the lever is positioned exactly in the notch of the slide where it needs to be to slide the lever over. If it is just off a little bit the slide lever won't move.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Make very sure the lever is positioned exactly in the notch of the slide where it needs to be to slide the lever over. If it is just off a little bit the slide lever won't move.
Also...drop a drop of oil over the button release (you wont hurt anything). Then use a 1/8 punch or a retracted ball point pen to push in that button. It will "click" when it's pushed down as far as it will go to the detent. Make sure the other side of the slide release shows red. Then you can remove the slide.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It wont move until you pull the slide to the rear and line it up in the notch in the slide.
This.

I was confused a little on mine, at first. You MUST line it up exactly.

Not sure if OP's issue but worth checking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had problems breaking it down until I removed the magazine... Not sure if that is the same problem as you are experiencing but when I dropped the mag the slide release pin slid out effortlessly.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had problems breaking it down until I removed the magazine... Not sure if that is the same problem as you are experiencing but when I dropped the mag the slide release pin slid out effortlessly.

Hope that helps.
I may or may not have done that also. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I may or may not have done that also. :)
Yup, been there, done that too. Mag has to be released and slide has to line up right with the notch to get pin to release.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought of one more thing to check.

On mine at least, I have to not only depress the pin from the right, but then I have to insert a fingernail on the left, and coax it out the rest of the way.

Fully withdrawn, mine looks like this:

If the slide is fouling on the takedown lever, this might be a reason.

Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts