HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been discussed, but I wanted to show some love and share a fun experience with y'all.

I work at a mom and pop LGS, we rent machine guns like a lot of great places across the country. It allows a fun opportunity for us mere mortals to fire machine guns when we might not be able to otherwise acquire a transferable.

One of the things I enjoy the most, and a privilege H&K has allowed me, is to see new shooters of all ages using an MP5 to safely enjoy the experience.

The MP5N with silencer we rent is easily the most popular. Just being able to say you've fired an MP5 is enjoyable enough; what product reputation and design success! What was made to be controllable for one reason, with its very mild recoil and soft report, has created a great opportunity for new shooters, youngsters, and some of us non operator folk, to share the experience of firing such a significant firearm design.

It is every new shooters responsibility to put forth the correct amount of effort to understand how to safely operate any firearm. Likewise, their guardian/parent/range safety officer should confirm that ability prior to live fire. With such a pleasurable design as the MP5, many youngsters have even been able to comfortably fire controlled bursts into their target effectively. The lack of recoil and silenced report, of course, reduce the chance of the firearm being intimidating to a new shooter, while allowing them to safely focus on enjoying the experience.

The MP5 has the ability to create the same crud eating grin on a youngster as it does an old timer, a new shooter or seasoned vet. I have yet to see a shooter not enjoy their experience with this great design. For this and many other reasons, I appreciate H&K products.

If you have the opportunity, and haven't yet, I highly suggest trying to find a chance to fire an MP5, no matter your experience level.

What other opportunities have y'all found that H&K products allow spreading the love to new shooters? Do you have a go-to H&K firearm that has helped a new shooter?

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is very cool Fade2Grey. I wish we had gunshops around here who rented cool stuff like that. Usually when I want to try different stuff out like that it is through a friend or a friend of a friend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the opportunity a few years back while on vacation to shoot some HK smg, MP5, UMP and a MP7. That was one of my favorite gun experiences of all time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts