HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
In 1989, they were going for $8,728.00 (MSRP), and until about 20 years ago, I would see them NIB for under $12,000.00 fairly regularly.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
as cool as they are, is it really worth the price for a stamped receiver rifle with hard to find rollers? I went with an SVD, but sometimes I wonder if i would have enjoyed a psg1 more. It's too bad we can't have new MSG90s here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw one trade for closer to $20k a few months ago - that one didn't have the box and case with it but was effectively unfired. Seems a little rich, but someone may snag it

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
The original MSRP of $8,728 adjusted for inflation is $19,400 - no wonder these aren't being made anymore.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The original MSRP of $8,728 adjusted for inflation is $19,400 - no wonder these aren't being made anymore.
Look at the psg-1 as a cement truck that was overhauled to run in an Indy car race. Yes it was a massive achievement in its day for what it is but functionally today its easily outclassed at 20% the price.

Its a collector's dream and an end use's nightmare.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Look at the psg-1 as a cement truck that was overhauled to run in an Indy car race. Yes it was a massive achievement in its day for what it is but functionally today its easily outclassed at 20% the price.

Its a collector's dream and an end use's nightmare.
Can’t the same that can be said for a 71’ Hemi Cuda if you compare it to a 18’ Dodge Demon? Yet you can buy 10 demons for 1 Cuda, probably more.

It will never change, regardless of whether it’s a car or a gun.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I saw one trade for closer to $20k a few months ago - that one didn't have the box and case with it but was effectively unfired. Seems a little rich, but someone may snag it
If you're a true collector the correct box and case are easily worth 6k with the rifle.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Can’t the same that can be said for a 71’ Hemi Cuda if you compare it to a 18’ Dodge Demon? Yet you can buy 10 demons for 1 Cuda, probably more.

It will never change, regardless of whether it’s a car or a gun.
Negative.

My point is that the rollerlock system isn't inherently viable for indefinite uber-precision. Case in point all the mods required to bring a G3 to be a psg1 with special emphasis on half moon rollers (rollers that don't roll). They jammed a square peg in a round hole...successfully but at tremendous expense.

Perhaps I should have said "trained an elephant to be competitive in the Kentucky Derby". Car comparisons never seem to work even if apt...and I should have known better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts