HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are interested in the problem I had, here is the original thread titled "P2Ksk failure to feed".
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69564

I called H&K service on Tuesday and got my gun out UPS next day. They received it today (Wednesday) and I was very surprised to receive a call this afternoon.

...your gun arrived at a good time so I go got right on it... I was able to duplicate the problem... did some work on the extractor... took it out to the range and test fired full boxes of five different ammunitions (including a box of Federal HydroShok, and the two cheap ammos I practice with) and it worked perfectly... would you like us to lighten the trigger to appologize for your troubles... we will ship your gun out tomorrow so you can have it before the weekend.

I've been shooting H&K for about 2+ weeks now and it looks like I will be sticking with them for a long time to come.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Wow talk about a FAST turn around! My dealings with them have been the same. HK customer service and Travis are the best! The majority of people who bash them have never delt with them before.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wow, that is the definition of excellent customer service. Let us all know how it works out once you get the gun back in hand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I never had any problem with my HK, but I'm glad to hear that. I always be scared of what their customer service would look like.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Travis lied. He said my pistol would be shipping out today (Thursday) so I could have it Friday. Well......... It arrived today.

That means I had my gun on Tuesday. Had to do without on Wednesday. And my gun was back in it's comfy holster on Thursday.

Never before have I had to measure waranty service in hours. :)

Oh, and the trigger is better than ever.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention that included with the gun were the original springs in case I want to go back to the original trigger.

Also included were the box tops of each ammo tested:
Speer Lawman 165gr
Remingon UMC 180gr
Federal American Eagle 165gr
Winchester (white box) 180gr
Federal Hydra-Shok 180gr

That is what I call a proper test. I've repeatedly sent another brand gun back to the manufacturer and it was not until the thrid waranty service that they stepped up to a "through" test run of 50 rounds. H&K ran 220 rounds on the first (only) visit making sure to use the same ammo I use. I am glad to see that someone else beleives that one magazine is not a proper test of reliability.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Man, I think HK has gone beyond the standard in CS and possibly on their way to setting a new standard for CS.

HK, I thank you for listening to your customer base, and as for the rest of the industry, I believe they have just been placed on notice! Good job

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Another "Love that CS at HK" fan club member and another Travis groupie. I feel the same way. In fact, after he worked on my P9s about three weeks ago, Travis called back the next week to see how I liked the work. I called and asked to speak with his boss and told him how I and we here at HKPRO liked his work along with Jeff and HK. I also sent Travis a thank you note and a check for $1,000 as a tip.
(just joking about the tip)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I might have to sell all my other guns and buy just HK. I had service done on my Walther P99 and Sigma by S&W in the past and it took a couple of weeks and even after that my sigma never did work right. Got rid of it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
That is great I hope to never need them but if I do it is good to know they are doing a bang up job there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts