HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I´d like to ask how the Sun Optics one piece aluminum mount for the SL6/SL7 rifles perform? How it can keep zero and how reliable it is compared to the original HK05 mount. Here it is a photo of the Sun Optics mount.
Thanks in advance.
Automotive tire Rectangle Auto part Slope Font

·
Registered
670 Posts
I used one of those mounts on my SL6 before I spent the money on the Hk05 mount. On the .223 it held zero just fine, and even when removed and reinstalled it returned close enough to zero I never had to adjust it.

I wouldn't necessarily trust it on an SL7 though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've got the Contessa rail on my SL7. It's held zero since I installed a couple years ago.

Yes, Contessa is a nice italian brand and also very expensive here in Europe. They have this QD model for the 770. From the dealer they told me that doesn´t fit the SL7 because the different type of mounting surface. Some people here in this forum told me that the mounts for the 770 are compatible with the SL7´s. I´m confused and don´t want to take the risk buying one because they are very expensive. The reason is that I prefer a QD mount for my SL7. Here is the Contessa QD mount for the H&K 770.

Camera accessory Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Auto part Bicycle part

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used one of those mounts on my SL6 before I spent the money on the Hk05 mount. On the .223 it held zero just fine, and even when removed and reinstalled it returned close enough to zero I never had to adjust it.

I wouldn't necessarily trust it on an SL7 though.
Thanks for the info egroeg. Probably I´ll try one. Anyway it´s not expensive.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts