HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this from another forum...someone asked about the "Heckler & Koch" engraving on the slide of a USP 45. I have not seen any USPs with that engraving. Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Never seen that before. Someone probably had it done

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If you look closely at the breech face in the OP, you'll see the HK rollmark stamped with the JS symbol. On the other side of the slide, it will have another HK rollmark, also with the JS symbol. Though I am not 100% certain, I am tempting to say that whenever you see the Heckler & Koch rollmark on the right side of the slide, it's JS version of the HK gun. However, it is not the other way around (JS symbol on the left does not always have Heckler & Koch rollmark on the right - as in pic #2 & 3).

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
It does seem more common on the AE (04) and AF (05) models. However, I have an AK (09) USP compact stainless 45 with the marking.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Learn something new everyday. I want one!

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
If you look closely at the breech face in the OP, you'll see the HK rollmark stamped with the JS symbol. On the other side of the slide, it will have another HK rollmark, also with the JS symbol. Though I am not 100% certain, I am tempting to say that whenever you see the Heckler & Koch rollmark on the right side of the slide, it's JS version of the HK gun. However, it is not the other way around (JS symbol on the left does not always have Heckler & Koch rollmark on the right - as in pic #2 & 3).

^Want!!!!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
To further muddy the water... Two of the three P2000s (one 9mm, one .40) we have feature this on the right side of the slide- same spot as in the above photos.

One of the three USPc .40s I had featured it.

Sorry, cannot provide date codes until I get home... if anyone cares. :wink:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts