HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, gents! Greetings from the EU. Few days ago i buy used H&K USP 9mm Full size. The guy i buyed it from stored it for two years well lubed and preserved, no rust, no damages on the frame. He told me that he shot near 2- 3 000 rounds in 6 years, after that he cleaned it and set aside in his case. Now... he lubed with Balistol even the frame so now it is oily and after i shot on the range arround 200 Remington FMJ 124 gr my observation is that the gun is extremly acurate, no malfunctions and any kind of problems with the gun itself. But that oily thin layer on the frame makes the control of the gun hard when i shoot - it becomes slippery and i cant handle with this problem. I need a towel to clean my hands after every magazine change. So is there any product who can safe for the frame to remove the thin Balistol layer. I purchased yelow point tritium HD nightsights from Trijicon to replace the stock sights, the guy selled me the gun with his own Barsony leather handcrafter leather IWB holster and i have Harkila /model Montana/ hunting leather belt /which i look to replace, because it is not a gunbelt/. So... thank you for the advices you can give me! :) 20160831_221437.jpg 20160901_185932.jpg

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Wow, I use Ballistol on all my HKs.
It's non toxic and a very mild cleaner/lubricant.
Using soap and water should do the trick.
Personally like Hogue grip sleeves on my USP guns.
That would solve your problem as well.
But I'd still clean with soap and water and then towel dry either way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice Barth i will try it! But here in Europe... it is hard for us to purchase something from US. I never tryed to purchase Hogue grip but i will do /finger crossed to shipment to EU option/. I talked with the guys from Aliengear for a IWB kydex holster, nice guys, but they politely told me that they dont trade outside US. No bad feelings, but here in EU we too like good products! :) So... there is no IWB and gunbelt from Aliengear for me. Tryed with Wright Leather Works holsters and belts - nice guys too, they ship to EU but we are 28 countryes in EU so they are a bit frustrated to which exact country to ship - so there will be more mails with them to precise my purchase. The guys from Trijicon have a local dealer in my country /Bulgaria/ - so i first talked with them and they redirect me to the local dealer and i was happy to do it - now i will wait at least 4 months to recieve my HD nightsights. My next upgrade is to buy Viridian light&green laser... but i can bet that they dont ship ot EU too /never talked with them, but i`m shure they dont ship/. It is hard to be a gunowner in EU! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It worked, Barth! :) Thank you for the advice! :) Now my frame is oil free and i have good grip on my gun! :) Once more time - Thank you! :)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
It worked, Barth! :) Thank you for the advice! :) Now my frame is oil free and i have good grip on my gun! :) Once more time - Thank you! :)
NP, Welcome to HKPRO.
Good Luck with your USP.
IMHO a Hk Classic and one of their best pistols :biggrin:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome and Good Luck with your new pistol. I think Dawn dish soap should be part of everyone's gun cleaning supply. Plain old soap and water is amazing, it just isn't 'new and improved', plus I'd guess there isn't any export challenges.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you all for the warm wellcome. Barth - after i put on my glasses /i cant see well at reading distance/ i`m impressed with you gun! :) Well done sir! At first i wanted to buy .45 H&K, but in my country there is not a wide variety of .45 cartiges options and i scaled down to 9x19 and i dont regret. By the way - what is your addaptor rail you mounted. Looks like a strong and good quality product. Here is mine personal equipment for everyday carry:

20160901_185932.jpg 20160903_081745.jpg 20160903_081757.jpg 20160903_081812.jpg 20160903_081822.jpg

Vega magazine pouches, 5.11 tactical belt, Walther rescue pocket knife and 5.11 tactical gun bag for travel.

Lubing/cleaning products:

20160903_091343.jpg 20160903_091349.jpg

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
That's a USP Tactical 45 with a third party weight and Jarvis 6" Match barrel.
I usually run it as a Tactical.

This is my latest USP :cool:

Although I've got a Stainless USP Compact 45 inbound... :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel like a total rookie! :) One word about your guns and knife - Magnificent! :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. The USP FS 9 is a great pistol and will give you decades of enjoyment and protection.

BTW nothing wrong with being or feeling like a firearms rookie. Looking back when I was the same it is a exciting time. If your anything like the rest of us you will be eating, sleeping and breathing firearm related stuff for years to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good day, gents! Thank you all for the advices, i read a lot of the stuff about the problems i had with my gun and after i read and tryed all my problems was fixed. For example - i had the problem with the slide - didnt stayed at rear position after the last round was shot, so after few minutes of readin in the forum it was clear that streching the mag springs will fix the problem - tryed it and the problem is gone now. Next problem was with the decocker lever - there was allmost no chance to decock. Same story - minutes of reading and after good lubing with Balistol grease now it moves like proffesional dancer! Now... after many days searching i finaly found light&laser dealer /Streamlight C4 TLR-4 Key Kit for only 126 $ without taxes and transport/ who can ship to EU /Bulgaria/ and my fingers is itchy to purchase it. But before that i will verry thankfull if someone can share with me his impressions about Streamlight C4 TLR-4 Key Kit especialy if the product is mounted on HK USP 9x19 full size gun. Probably many of you will wonder about my questions when my name is in blue, but no matter that i`m a police officer in EU, my dutty gun is not H&K, it is 1962 Makarov 9x18 "gun" and i cant call it acurate ... i cant call it gun at all. The H&K is for my home and self defence and i want it to be in good shape and ready for any kind of situations. MY question is: Will the Streamlight C4 TLR-4 Key Kit fit the USP full size with no other accesoires, how stable stays on the gun and do the light spread is good. I know that there is many videos on YouTube, but i want the impressions of felow H&K owners. So thank you one more time for the advices! :)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Barth love that Elite, where did you find a BG Elite?

Nice USP collection.

HK Ag
Turner's Outdoorsman - NIB @ $999 (but they seem to be all gone).
Believe Hk produced a limited run of Elite 45s earlier this year.
Mine was only a few weeks old direct from Germany :biggrin:

When stuff like that pops up you've got to jump :wink:
That's a good thing about hanging out on HKPRO.
We often get inside news on new weapons and where to get them :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Turner's Outdoorsman - NIB @ $999 (but they seem to be all gone).
Believe Hk produced a limited run of Elite 45s earlier this year.
Mine was only a few weeks old direct from Germany :biggrin:

When stuff like that pops up you've got to jump :wink:
That's a good thing about hanging out on HKPRO.
We often get inside news on new weapons and where to get them :cool:
Wow Barth, that is amazing, enjoy that sweet Elite!

HK Ag

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Wow Barth, that is amazing, enjoy that sweet Elite!

HK Ag
Just had it converted to Match LEM Hybrid.
With the Novak fiber optic front sight - It's my personal version of a Long Slide Combat Competition - LOL.
Hk's are good to have...:biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts