HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a USP Compact/40SW V2. I have located the gun, but I have read several comments about problems with the control lever being very difficult to use with the Variant 2. Does anybody have any information on that problem? I want to purchase the gun but am concerned about having problems with the control lever. Thank you.

·
Banned
125 Posts
I was on the beretta forums awhile back and a member there said something about that lever. He just swapped the part out for a more sleek one from brownells, forgot the part number though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I posted this a while back on another forum:

Give the internals, along with the detent plate and pin, a good cleaning. If you know how, push the pin in and pull the detent plate out in the process. Drop some oil on the internals, and get an ample amount in between the plate and frame, along with where the pin contacts the plate notches.

One of the issues with moving the lever to the right side, is that the actuation still occurs on the left side, so you lose some leverage on that function.

It's probably easier going from safe straight to decocking, because you have momentum going past the neutral notch in the plate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the information. Since I have not purchased the gun yet, do you think it would be better for me to change my selection and purchase a different model than the USP compact V2 ( I am left handed). Thanks again for your information.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It functions just fine, but takes noticeably more pressure to decock. Again, it's simply because you've moved the lever further from where the actuation is taking place, thus losing some leverage.

Considering it's not damaging anything, and decocking isn't a 'crucial' function in regard to a self defense scenario, etc., I wouldn't let it sway me one bit.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
If lubrication does not aid in function of the control lever, you can lightly polish the "bump" on the detent plate that engages the sear axle. Key word here is polish, we are not looking to remove any material.

First, I'd say purchase the pistol and see if it is even an issue with your particular gun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep. Leverage problem. Sent my V2 USPC back to HK. It refused to decock at all from the fire position. It would from safe. Got it back and with a lot of pressure it would decock from fire position. In a previous thread on this site a member suggested grease on the detent. A glob of grease did the trick. I just replenish it now and then.
This was a factory V2. If I were to replace a V1 lever (I'm left-handed) I'd go with an ambidextrous setup. I've got several ambi HKs and they work with no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Echo2,

Do you think I should still purchase the pistol and see if it is even an issue with my particular gun?

·
Registered
854 Posts
there is also always the option of a Light LEM conversion--no lever no problem!

you will not be disappointed--my .40c is my daily carry and my IDPA gun...its my favorite and it knows it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts