HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I'm new to the forum but not new to guns or HKs... I have a 9mm USP Compact that I was shooting today (147gr Blazer ammo FWIW) when the slide locked back with 8 rounds still in the mag. No big deal I thought. Tap, rack (doesn't go forward), rack again (still nothing), ect... The slide is stuck in the rearward position. It's not all the way back where the slide lock would be engaged (about 1/8'' of an inch from that). There's no obstructions in the barrel and nothing I can see under the slide. If I smack the back of the slide it still won't go forward....?

Any idea what it is or how to correct this? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I got in there with a flashlight and found the problem---the firing pin block was hanging down to far and getting stuck on the rear of the frame. Once I depressed it the slide was having trouble coming off. I got the slide off an the firing pin block just fell out. :8:

·
Registered
257 Posts
damn that sucks.

looks like you found the problem. wonder why that part failed...

·
Registered
257 Posts
can you show a picture of the firing pin block? I'm curious if it plopped out or broke in 2 pieces of something

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hmmmm...that is about the only failure of that kind I am privvy to...please keep us posted!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone must have taken out the firing pin roll-pin and forgotten to put it back. :wink:
This is a used gun and that's the first thing I though too. But.... nope. It's in there. Very odd all around. I'll post up some photos tomorrow. I can't find my firing pin (not sure on terminology here...) The actual part that strikes the rounds in front of the roll pin is there but the part that comes out of the rear of the slide is gone (I think it probably shot out when the malfunction occurred...) I'll post some pics tomorrow when it's light out. This is probably the oddest think I've ever had happen to a firearm of mine!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Your firing pin probably broke. and you're right when that happens the back half comes out of the gun and the firing pin safety pops out because the firing pin is what actually retains it.

A certain range of USPc and USP45f had some problems (limited) with the firing pin breaking (mostly the fullsize). They redesigned the part.
Call HK service and get an RMA,they'll have you ship the slide in to replace it with the new updated parts and you'll get it back in a week or so.

·
Leather & Lace Fiend
4,273 Posts
fyi H&K is closed until Sep 4th, and so you will have to figure this out next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the day I was out shooting I was shooting a review for one of my AKs.... Just so happened I left the camera on and caught this on tape! I'll edit/upload it one of these days. Crazy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts