HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Once more HK USPs re-emerge on the market I plan on getting one at the first opportunity. I was wondering if any of you out there own or have owned HK USPs in 45 full size, 45 compact, 9mm full size and 9mm compact? If so could you rank them by grip size so that 1 would be the smallest grip and 4 would be the largest grip?

Any grip comparisons to a SIG P226, P220 or Glock 19 along with anything else you’d like to provide are welcome. Thanks all, looking to add an HK at the first opportunity.

·
Registered
616 Posts
USP 45. F/S > USP .45 Compact > USP 9 F/S > USP 9 Compact. Full size to Compact in both is only slightly different with the trigger reach being the smallest bit longer. Relative to some of the others that is a tall order my friend. I've been lucky to own every thing listed on your list and they all feel different in their own way. To me the USP 9mm compact, Glock 19 and Sig P220 all feel the best in my medium/small hands but everybody is different.

Hit up your local gun store or retail outdoor chain and see what floats your boat. Anything on your list is sure to be fine. To add one slight complication though, try a VP9/P30/HK45 style grip. They are amazing to all but an octopus and someone who lost their thumb in a tractor accident.

Let us know what you decided...

·
Registered
85 Posts
USP 9MM, 40 and 45 ACP has the same grip circumference. The 45 grip is slightly taller. I actually have all 3 on my desk right now. The feel exact the same to me grip wise.
Sig P226 grip is much fatter. Even after changing to the E2 grip, it is still considerably fatter. I find the trigger is harder to reach for the first double action compared to the USP’s. I am not a big guy though. 150lbs and 5/10. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I only have USP compacts in 9mm now so can't compare, but it would be interesting to throw a string/tape measure around those grips as I clearly felt a difference.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
P226/M11.A1 G10 vs. USP9c, the classic P’s grips are fatter even within mm the same size/circumference.
P30SK/P30 give me best feel, but they don’t shoot any better.
Grip dimension/size is but one metric where you’d have to feel them at your LGS, poly feels better than steel/alloy frame when it’s teens outside. Only live fire takes all the variables in play.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all,

Once more HK USPs re-emerge on the market I plan on getting one at the first opportunity. I was wondering if any of you out there own or have owned HK USPs in 45 full size, 45 compact, 9mm full size and 9mm compact? If so could you rank them by grip size so that 1 would be the smallest grip and 4 would be the largest grip?

Any grip comparisons to a SIG P226, P220 or Glock 19 along with anything else you’d like to provide are welcome. Thanks all, looking to add an HK at the first opportunity.
Here’s a helpful website:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USP 45. F/S > USP .45 Compact > USP 9 F/S > USP 9 Compact. Full size to Compact in both is only slightly different with the trigger reach being the smallest bit longer. Relative to some of the others that is a tall order my friend. I've been lucky to own every thing listed on your list and they all feel different in their own way. To me the USP 9mm compact, Glock 19 and Sig P220 all feel the best in my medium/small hands but everybody is different.

Hit up your local gun store or retail outdoor chain and see what floats your boat. Anything on your list is sure to be fine. To add one slight complication though, try a VP9/P30/HK45 style grip. They are amazing to all but an octopus and someone who lost their thumb in a tractor accident.

Let us know what you decided...
Thanks, appreciate your insight. We’ll see what I decide on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All USPs have that “flaring” out. At least all the ones I have experience with. It’s part of the frame design. I don’t know the specifics why but it’s a design feature.

if you zoom in on his USPc with the TLR-3 you will sort of see it from the profile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All USPs have that “flaring” out. At least all the ones I have experience with. It’s part of the frame design. I don’t know the specifics why but it’s a design feature.

if you zoom in on his USPc with the TLR-3 you will sort of see it from the profile.
lol yeah, looked like it had extra bowing from that angle. guess I'm seeing things (I don't own a USP) :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts