HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am brand spank'n new to the forum, and what a great place to be. I have been a big H&K fan since the early '80's, owning 2 P7 PSP's, SL6, SL7, and two P9S's, one in 9mm, and one in .45.
And of all the handguns I own; Beretta, SigSauer, S&W, etc., my favorite is the P9S 45.
No other gun in the world can match up to this absolute work of art. I have actually owned 3 of them over the years.
Imagine shooting a .45 cal combat open sight handgun down the 100 yard rifle range and making the coke can dance. Even if you are a bad shot, you won't be with this one. The delayed roller locked bolt system gives recoil of a .45 cal. less than a 9mm, and the polygonal barrel increases the velocity and accuracy over conventional rifling.
Although price was the reason this beauty was dropped from the line-up, there will be no other like it. I'm putting this one in the status of a Luger. Discontinuing the P9S was H&K's biggest mistake!

For those of you that believe the child USP is the end all & be all, you should have met the DAD!

In a world of compromise - some men don't

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
With that kind of attitude you need to go ahead and become a PREMIUM PARTNER. I am surprised you haven't been here a long time ago. Welcome!!

·
2,832 Posts
you sir are one very wise man :)

and as you can see I share your feelings.....:D

2x45 combat
2x 45 target
1x put togehter SG in 9mm(from a new 9mm target)
4x 9mm combats
1x halfbreed, combat slide, target frame(installed by HK).....most accuate of the lot

next is a can for the 9mm

by far the most accurate pistol I own and one always goes to the range with me......sometimes I even carry the 45 combat.

·
Registered
229 Posts
WOW!!! What an excellent thread!

Welcome to the forum Flugzeug!!! I share your sentiments. I've often considered the P9S the modern day Luger equivalent. It's a pistol that was FAR ahead of its time. While I really enjoy the newer HKs, it's the P9S and P7 that built HK's enviable reputation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a bit late to the P9S scene. I have only one at the moment, a .45 Combat. It is the hallmark of my HK collection. Few production pistols in the world ever make it into the "world class" category. IMO, the P9S, P7 and P210 are the pinnacle of the pistol designer's art.

Landpimp... All I can say is DAMN!!! :cool: That's a fine collection you got there!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like that name "Landpimp", I agree that the P9S is their best pistol hands down!

I agree that the P9S is indeed HK's best pistol hands down! The handling characteristics totally outclass the much heralded Sig P220!

The only bad feature I didn't like was the Heel release. My favorite is the one with the Target sights and 6" barrel/weight combo carried by Fred Dryer in the "Hunter" police series.

Now that's a .45 target pistol! You must make a hell of a lot of money in the Landpimping business to afford that collection!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Pimp always has all the cool toys. I bet kids used to hang around his house growing up

·
2,832 Posts
you can own the VERY gun Fred carried in Hunter
http://www.collectorfirearms.org/website Images/Movie Guns/hg-1172.htm
http://www.collectorfirearms.org/website Images/Movie Guns/hg-1173.htm

I am 90% certain its the same, cant think of any other movie the P9s SG was used in, wish Randy had some more info but he doesnt.

http://www.collectorfirearms.org/

wish I could find a real SGII at a decent price, I just cant pay $3K for one......and HATE myself for missing the one for $1500 (Buy It Now) on GB last month.....but someone here is loving it ;)

The only bad feature I didn't like was the Heel release. My favorite is the one with the Target sights and 6" barrel/weight combo carried by Fred Dryer in the "Hunter" police series.

!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.....Thanks to all for the overwhelming welcome, and of course comments that I can not argue with.
Here is a small suggestion for my fellow P9S owners. I tried quite some time ago to change the grips with a set of signature series "Pacs", but found that they just didn't cut it. I have a large hand and looking for a way to improve the grip, tried the Hogue Handall which is sold mostly for the Glock. I've got to report OHHHH what a nice improvement. They are finger grooved which line up nice with the grooves on the front strap of the P9S. It covers up the grip screws which as you might have noticed, wear off the bluing. And they offer a nice bulge in the center to fill in the grip of your hand.
I'm sure I'm not the first to have tried this, so don't yell at me toooo hard.

·
1,200 Posts
I like the P9S just the way it came from the factory... although I do like the Nill grips too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Flugzeug, Welcome to the forum! I have not yet fired a P9 but need too. Many state its even a better shooter then the P7 and that is something I want to check out for myself.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
you sir are one very wise man :)

and as you can see I share your feelings.....:D

2x45 combat
2x 45 target
1x put togehter SG in 9mm(from a new 9mm target)
4x 9mm combats
1x halfbreed, combat slide, target frame(installed by HK).....most accuate of the lot

next is a can for the 9mm

by far the most accurate pistol I own and one always goes to the range with me......sometimes I even carry the 45 combat.

That is one very fine collection of HK's you have.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Welcome home Flugzeug! =)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Once again....Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. It would seem that not only is the Company founded by Edmund Heckler & Theodor Koch reponsible for the finest firearms, the resulting forum in their tribute is also the best!

For Mark71...I realize that many of us males are prone to exaggeration, but in the case of the P9S comparison to the P7, I can state without hesitation that truly nothing can compare to the P9. Although it's like splitting hairs. What I mean to say the P7 is an absolutely amazing masterpiece in it's own right. My first one was purchased back in 1990 and was the PSP version. I actually liked the heel or bottom mag release. The serial number was 32998 and I was in love. First, there is no argument, the P7 was for me far more accurate and fun to shoot then anything else I had every owned from any other company. Imagine for a moment just how far ahead of everybody else H&K was!!!

In regards to the P9S, it's almost impossible to find the words to fully describe just how amazing this weapon is. You expect a gun of this size (compact) with the .45 cal to buck like a 1911 Colt ACP or worse. Part of the reason for it's accuracy is the delayed roller first developed during the Second World War. The felt recoil makes you believe the first time you shoot it, that the dealer just ripped you off and gave you a 9mm or .380. Mark71, I hope it's very soon that you have the opportunity to try one for yourself.

I almost forgot about my VP70Z's. Well that's for another time.
Thanks again to all.

P.S. I can see that CyberH&K is the show off in the group....Just Kidd'n....It's just the green eyed monster wanting my name in his Will.

In a World of Compromise, Smart People Don't

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The only problem is when HK was producing the P9S no one was buying them. It was only years after HK discontinued making them that people really understood. You can't blame HK for that. They stoped making them in 1984 and had plently of inventory for years after.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts