HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at the range yesterday and struck up a conversation with another shooter. He mentions that he just purchased a P30 and offers to let me send a few down range.

Anyway here are my first impressions:

- The gun felt very light. I honestly don't know if it really is... it just felt that way. Maybe it is light, maybe the balance was good, but I swear it felt like a feather in my hands.

- The trigger felt exactly like my USP 40's trigger.

- The sights were the standardish 3 dot sights and had kind of a day-glo yellow color to them. I thought they stood out more than the standard white dot sights on my USP.

- The ergos were excellent. I really loved the way the gun felt in my hand.

- A very good looking gun IMO. It looks like it should be the carry piece for Batman.

- The gun seemed plenty accurate to me.

- Don't know how I feel about the ambi slide release. Probably a good thing for the leftys out there.

Overall, I definitely would eventually like to have one. It seemed to combine most of my favorite features from my USP and my S&W M&P. It's not at the top of my list for acquisitions... but I can seem myself owning one eventually.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I already do and with approx. 1,000 rounds downrange with it she has become my favorite.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I love my P30 and it is one of my favorite guns. Compared to the USP the P30's trigger feels better. It may just be me or because the grip is 10000X better as well. The gun is great and was worth the long wait. Now if only the HK45 will finally come out.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Funny thing. When I was writin same remarks half year ago, no one belived me. Al this whining that is't bulky (becouse on paper width is... blah blah blah), grip is bad (becouse of spider grips and blah blah blah), etc., etc. And now all of sudden everybody is marveling about P30. Good sample that judging by pictures and numbers on paper is not same thing as getting real thing in hands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny thing. When I was writin same remarks half year ago, no one belived me. Al this whining that is't bulky (becouse on paper width is... blah blah blah), grip is bad (becouse of spider grips and blah blah blah), etc., etc. And now all of sudden everybody is marveling about P30. Good sample that judging by pictures and numbers on paper is not same thing as getting real thing in hands.
Man, I remeber that like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I remember all the "spidey grip" hate (its still going on) but I always liked the way they looked in pics on the net. They look even better in person and it is the best feeling handgun I have ever shot. I am hoping the HK45 will be the same.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If most could only understand that the 1911 was developed about 100 years ago with only modest industrial manufacturing abilities...the new style grips are the result of almost 100 years of R&D, they are more than likely going to be better than that of a square brick grip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If most could only understand that the 1911 was developed about 100 years ago with only modest industrial manufacturing abilities...the new style grips are the result of almost 100 years of R&D, they are more than likely going to be better than that of a square brick grip.
ive held the p30,I like the way my springfield TRP 1911 feels way better but thats just me,I also think my P2000's grip feels better.but i dont have little girlie hands.........just kidding relax

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
The only hate talk I had going was time it was taking. I have never been known for being a patient person

·
Registered
569 Posts
lol... Ive got some decent mitts myself

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
ive held the p30,I like the way my springfield TRP 1911 feels way better but thats just me,I also think my P2000's grip feels better.but i dont have little girlie hands.........just kidding relax
No need for flame suit here :)

Grip is very personal thing. What is great in P30, is flexilility of mixing 3 grip panels in 3 sizes each. But even this will not make best grip for everyone. Also trying P30 with wrog set of grip can lead to wrong experience. For me, it took some range sessions until I decide for L left, L back and S right panels (I'm lefty ;) ).

·
Registered
285 Posts
I held a P30 at the range today. I think that maybe my next pistol. ;) I would agree that it felt light in my hands but I had also been shooting my match clone, so that might have been part of it. But it really felt like it was molded to my hand. It felt just right. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts